Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Fri 28, 2017 1:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tri City / Tresco Additions
PostPosted: Jan Mon 09, 2017 2:21 am 

I added a couple of Tri City / Tresco radios during the holidays. First is an exposed two tube set identified by the seller as a W-3:
Attachment:
Tri City W3 Front.jpg
Tri City W3 Front.jpg [ 57.12 KiB | Viewed 483 times ]

Attachment:
Tri City W3 Inside.jpg
Tri City W3 Inside.jpg [ 67.89 KiB | Viewed 483 times ]

Also got a Tresco branded one identified as a Model X:
Attachment:
Tresco X Front.jpg
Tresco X Front.jpg [ 39.29 KiB | Viewed 483 times ]

Attachment:
Tresco X Inside.jpg
Tresco X Inside.jpg [ 35.95 KiB | Viewed 483 times ]

Here's my little Tri City collection, with a Steinite Laboratories crystal set on top (Steinite bought the assets of Tri City after they went out of business in 1925) :
Attachment:
170108 Tri City Collection.jpg
170108 Tri City Collection.jpg [ 45.41 KiB | Viewed 483 times ]

The same seller listed several others, including an amp (called it a W-1(?)) and this W-2 with a Tresco logo:
Attachment:
Tresco W-2.jpg
Tresco W-2.jpg [ 36.71 KiB | Viewed 483 times ]

I wish I could have bought all of them, but I like being married...
Not clear on all the model numbers, so corrections would be appreciated.

Dale

Post subject: Re: Tri City / Tresco Additions
PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 9:29 am 

Dale,

I like the W-3! Very nice. I understand about the being married part. I have hit critical mass and have ran out of room. I am afraid if I bring home anymore I may have issues with the other half!

PostPosted: Jan Thu 12, 2017 7:55 am 

Mac,
Actually, my wife is pretty tolerant, although totally uninterested. I'll get a cool radio, like a Breting 14
or the Kennedy that arrived last night, and she doesn't care. I guess that's part of what this group is for.

I'm just getting stressed out by running out of room, as you have. I don't really need four upright pianos,
two of them player pianos. You can't even give them away on the local Craigslist. I'll probably keep the early
65 note player and scrap the others. Nice spruce soundboards, if nothing else. That will take care of about 2%.
The local St. Vincent De Paul thrift store is going to get some interesting crap this year. They'll take anything,
and their niche seems to be interesting crap. That's why I go there:)

Dale

PostPosted: Jan Thu 12, 2017 8:17 am 

It is funny how things are. I would love to have an old player piano! The thing is that the distance between us makes it impossible. I make you wonder how many things that someone far away would love to have end up in the junk pile? My wife is pretty tolerant as well for the most part. I all ready have several radio's in the living room so she gets a little testy when I try to bring in another one! My issue is that I ended up with the smallest room in the house to put my radio's in. So it is kind of hard not to have them creep out into the rest of the house. I guess if I was realistic I would realize that even if I had the biggest room in the house I would eventually fill it up! :lol: That is one of the nice things about the Tri-city's, there are relatively small!