I needed to clean up my VTVM. The big problem was the old protective plastic has never been removed. I tried a heat gun, glue remover and a few other tricks. Nothing was working until I tried paint stripper. It worked to remove the plastic and did not harm the panel lettering. I could have done it without disassembly, but I wanted to a good job and get under the hardware. In hindsight, I think it was likely easier and faster this way. The entire process including disassembly took about an hour.
Here are before, during and after shots. Sorry about the order.
IMG_0699.JPG [ 175.19 KiB | Viewed 304 times ]
IMG_0700.JPG [ 157.55 KiB | Viewed 303 times ]