Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sun 17, 2017 7:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My Lipo 9v Battery Eliminator
PostPosted: Oct Tue 03, 2017 2:48 pm 

This is very simple, and fitting for me since I also fly RC Planes and have plenty of lipo battery packs around.
This is a 2s 2000 mAh Lipo connected to a 9v battery clip. No linear regulator power waste, no switching noise, and a heck of a runtime.

Notice - make sure of polarity since the snap-connector is the battery itself as far as the terminals are concerned, and the normal red/black has to be reversed in order for this to work.

I have a lipo battery alarm that goes off when the lipo gets down to a certain point - so I don't drain the lipo. However, I do check it regularly as it's running a radio.

The output of a 2s (2-cell) lipo fully charged is 8.4v. When it gets to 7.2v, I disconnet the lipo - as 3.6v per cell is about as low as you want to drain a lipo anyway.

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Oct Tue 03, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: My Lipo 9v Battery Eliminator
PostPosted: Oct Tue 03, 2017 2:54 pm 

Notice the red and black are switched at the Deans connector - that way the 9v snap connector coming from the battery has the same polarity as a battery itself.

Attachments:
IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1413.JPG [ 239.32 KiB | Viewed 520 times ]