Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Tue 12, 2017 12:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Someone is selling my Missing radio!
PostPosted: Dec Fri 01, 2017 5:39 am 

k9uwa wrote:
OldRestorer wrote:
It is the right radio.
It has the exact smear on it and in the description it states that. He even says the one knob is a repro.
If his was different then he would most likely not say that.
Unless he is just..... Dumb? or doesnt care?
It would really be "dumb" to sell a different radio with the wrong description...

That seller has 15,000 feedbacks in ONE YEAR. They have to be buying all the stuff that is confiscated at the Kentucky Ebay Shipping center. And reselling it I am sure at a profit. They have 9200 items up for sale at the present time. Probably ever one of them are pieces they bought from the Ebay shipping center.

John k9uwa

That eBay shipping center certainly seems like an unlawful operation based upon what you have stated, can't someone be arrested and prosecuted? There is no way it could be legal for them to do that. They have no rights to confiscate items belonging to someone else. Every item either belongs to a seller or to the person who purchased it and they cannot arbitrarily block the process of facilitating delivery from the seller to the buyer and keep the item. If they have somehow managed to do this through a loophole in the laws, then no one in their right mind should ever sell anything on eBay again.

Experience is what you gain when the results aren't what you were expecting.

PostPosted: Dec Fri 01, 2017 5:50 am 

Mr. Detrola wrote:
That eBay shipping center certainly seems like an unlawful operation based upon what you have stated, can't someone be arrested and prosecuted? There is no way it could be legal for them to do that. They have no rights to confiscate items belonging to someone else. Every item either belongs to a seller or to the person who purchased it and they cannot arbitrarily block the process of facilitating delivery from the seller to the buyer and keep the item. If they have somehow managed to do this through a loophole in the laws, then no one in their right mind should ever sell anything on eBay again.

Once an item is received by the Ebay Globel Shipping Center the seller is off the hook for the item. And if Ebay determines that item can't be sent overseas then they refund the money to the buyer who of course is teed off because he doesn't get his item. Ebay now owns the item since they refunded the buyer his funds. It is part then of Ebays Seller Protection program so the Seller no longer owns the item. Ebay owns it. They bought it. And eventually apparently they sell the stuff by the truckload to this company in Cass Michigan who then also has all the Ebay auction numbers as they are probably on the packages. So they take the original sellers pictures ... which Ebay now owns because the seller put them up on Ebay... and then will take enough information from the original description so it looks like maybe they know what they are selling.. and up goes the auction. This company currently has 9200 auctions up on Ebay. Several of them are nice Radios. Check them out. Observe the wording of the descriptions. Look at some non radio items they have up for auction.

The above is one of the reasons I never signed onto FleaBays Global Shipping deal.
John k9uwa

PostPosted: Dec Fri 01, 2017 6:52 am 

k9uwa wrote:
Mr. Detrola wrote:

Once an item is received by the Ebay Globel Shipping Center the seller is off the hook for the item. And if Ebay determines that item can't be sent overseas then they refund the money to the buyer who of course is teed off because he doesn't get his item. Ebay now owns the item since they refunded the buyer his funds. It is part then of Ebays Seller Protection program so the Seller no longer owns the item. Ebay owns it. They bought it. And eventually apparently they sell the stuff by the truckload to this company in Cass Michigan who then also has all the Ebay auction numbers as they are probably on the packages. So they take the original sellers pictures ... which Ebay now owns because the seller put them up on Ebay... and then will take enough information from the original description so it looks like maybe they know what they are selling.. and up goes the auction. This company currently has 9200 auctions up on Ebay. Several of them are nice Radios. Check them out. Observe the wording of the descriptions. Look at some non radio items they have up for auction.

The above is one of the reasons I never signed onto FleaBays Global Shipping deal.
John k9uwa

So in your scenrio, the buyer gets his money back, Ebay obtains ownership of the item, and the seller gets nothing? Does the seller get to keep the money the buyer paid him for the item?

PostPosted: Dec Fri 01, 2017 7:08 am 

glew1 wrote:
So in your scenrio, the buyer gets his money back, Ebay obtains ownership of the item, and the seller gets nothing? Does the seller get to keep the money the buyer paid him for the item?

As I said above the Seller is taken care of by the Ebay Sellers protection program. His responsibility ends as soon as that item hits the Ebay Global shipping center.
John k9uwa

PostPosted: Dec Fri 01, 2017 7:15 am 

glew1 wrote:
k9uwa wrote:
Mr. Detrola wrote:

John k9uwa

John is 100% correct. I had just sold a tube to a buyer in Canada and it seems that shipping tubes are restricted from shipping out of the country ( which I have read here before) and E-bay kept the tube and told me that I would keep the money from the sale. Here is a copy of what they sent to me.

We are writing to inform you that your recent GSP transaction to vonvon514 cannot be completed.

The item was stopped at the Global Shipping Center, and has been restricted from international shipment. The item will not be shipped forward to its final destination.
No further action is needed at this time. We’ve let your buyer know why the item couldn’t be delivered.

Under the terms of the Global Shipping Program your buyer will be refunded automatically, and you are entitled to keep the proceeds from the transaction.

Kent.

PostPosted: Dec Fri 01, 2017 4:49 pm 

Papa Kent wrote:

John is 100% correct. I had just sold a tube to a buyer in Canada and it seems that shipping tubes are restricted from shipping out of the country ( which I have read here before) and E-bay kept the tube and told me that I would keep the money from the sale. Here is a copy of what they sent to me.

We are writing to inform you that your recent GSP transaction to vonvon514 cannot be completed.

The item was stopped at the Global Shipping Center, and has been restricted from international shipment. The item will not be shipped forward to its final destination.
No further action is needed at this time. We’ve let your buyer know why the item couldn’t be delivered.

Under the terms of the Global Shipping Program your buyer will be refunded automatically, and you are entitled to keep the proceeds from the transaction.

Kent.

And a search of the 9200 items they currently have up on Ebay shows 388 items when searching on TUBE.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=8ten1944&hash=item25e690f278%3Ag%3A6XwAAOSwm3paIE8b&item=162782048888&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=tube&_sop=16

Some really nice audio amplifiers some really nice antique radios. I saw an AK-447 and an AK breadboard Western Electric Amps. All sorts of really nice stuff. As well as yes 100's of Tubes. Now we all know that it is NOT illegal to ship tubes out of the country. It is only illegal if you ship them to Ebays Global shipping facility. Now is that one big crock of crap or what? You should look at the SOLD list for this 8ten1944 seller. Lots of guitars, amplifiers tubes and many other nice items. Cass City Michigan has a population of about 2500 residents. Someone up there has one whale of a deal with Ebay.

any chance that we have some ARF members who live in Cass City Michigan or close to there?

If you think about this a bit. To Ebay it is a tax write off loss. Since they repaid the money back to the buyers. Then they sell off all this "Excess Inventory" by the truck load lot. Probably the buyers of the truck load lots are paying 10 cents on the dollar or less based on the original sale price of the items. The buyer is also give access to the previous auction number so they can scoop up the pictures description and relist the items on Ebay again. That is one hellava deal they have going.

It sure sounds crooked to me.

John k9uwa

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 12:52 am 

OldRestorer wrote:
He said he bought it from a big company in a lot.

This is most likely the case. Buyers were refunded, and sellers get to keep proceeds. The company now needs to clear out storage space and maybe recover a few cents on the dollar by selling off those goods to folks such as this ebay seller. It appears the eBay seller’s business model is a modern, on-line, version of the old railroad salvage stores.

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 1:15 am 

Ironically, the new seller will not ship outside the US :)

Visit my homebrew page
www.sparkbench.com/homebrew/homebrew.html

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 1:20 am 

I don't understand how the eBay shipping center gets involved. When I sell on eBay I ship directly to the buyer.
What is the eBay shipping center ?

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 1:23 am 

Curtis you're right on about re-using descriptions and all. Here they say they tested this tube. I seriously doubt they do any testing of anything.
But the original seller did.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13FD7-RCA-NOS- ... SwVNxaHlXa

Joe

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 2:20 am 

You got paid and the buyer was reimbursed. The item was mishandled in Kentucky and resold at their yearly auctions. Your pictures have copyrights?

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 2:35 am 

k9uwa wrote:
Mr. Detrola wrote:

John k9uwa

Exactly right, moral of the story is don't use global shipping. Been there and had items held. Can't send anything out of the country which contains lead so they told me.

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 2:52 am 

Still seems like plenty of opportunity for eBay to be running their own scam.

They have plenty of data to mine about what stuff sells for. Something snuck through and sold cheap, then winds up at the shipping house? Good time to "buy it" without consent from the buyer, then remarket it at the going rate.

Notice everything is BINs.

The guy who answered Kirk's email could be an eBay employee... Conspiracy theory.

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 3:01 am 

palegreenthumb wrote:
Still seems like plenty of opportunity for eBay to be running their own scam.

They have plenty of data to mine about what stuff sells for. Something snuck through and sold cheap, then winds up at the shipping house? Good time to "buy it" without consent from the buyer, then remarket it at the going rate.

Notice everything is BINs.

The guy who answered Kirk's email could be an eBay employee... Conspiracy theory.

:)

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 9.00.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 9.00.40 PM.png [ 231.71 KiB | Viewed 255 times ]

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 4:07 am 

Yeah all BIN but his pricing seems to be all over the board... some things seem too high and others fairly priced. I wonder if they are simply using the previous selling price for the BIN???

No Console Left Behind!
Come join us @ http://vintagehifi.net/

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 1:49 pm 

Sad that someone would do things like this. Obviously the pictures we downloaded from the original auction. No way of knowing what really happened at the shipping center, but most likely some shenanigans. If you still have the same coffee cup, time to fill it with your favorite adult beverage and enjoy.

People may not remember how fast you did a job, but they will remember how well you did it.

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 3:27 pm 

Yup,
I am reporting the use of my listing but it seems that he will get no dings as he is one of their money makers.
He steals many many listing photos..

I shall take my Beekman cup and have some special coffee! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 5:10 pm 

Tbone wrote:
Sad that someone would do things like this. Obviously the pictures we downloaded from the original auction. No way of knowing what really happened at the shipping center, but most likely some shenanigans. If you still have the same coffee cup, time to fill it with your favorite adult beverage and enjoy.

I see why some sellers delete the pics when an auction ends.

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 5:31 pm 

I would guess that the BIN shown is the price that the item sold for originally. And probably after a month or so they lower the BIN maybe 10% or so and eventually the item gets to a point where someone will buy it. Keep in mind that when the guy bought all this stuff it was already boxed for shipment out of the country. Had a label on it with SKU number and some ID to the original auction. No need to do anything other than bring up old auction including pictures. Hit Sell Similar maybe slight change to description and ship info. Make it a BIN from his auction template and post it to Fleabay. Set the box in the corner until it sells. Mark down prices once a month and repost lower BIN. For the most part a 1 man operation. Daily pickup of packages ready to go out by UPS/FedEx/Postoffice. Post offices in these little towns really love operations like this as it keeps their volume up nicely. Cass City MI population of 2500. He probably doubles the post office package shipping.

Another side note about this business. Ebay Enterprises in Erlenger, KY sold out to Radial which is a Private corporation dealing in Ecommerce Radial.com is now the Erlanger shows up as Walton, KY and the old Ebay Enterprises building alongside I-75 shows as empty sold or for sale warehouse. Apparently Ebay has actually shed the whole operation. Sold it off to Radial for 585 M bucks And Ebay was out of the direct handling of their GSP Global Shipping Program. Still in operation and the Ebay sellers buyers think it is all Ebay but it really isn't today. google map search for: Erlanger, KY ebay enterprises and hit the go button comes up today as. 30 Transport Dr, Walton, KY 41094
radial.com (806) 421-6678 Ebay wrote off some large amount as this was considered a loss to Ebay when they sold it off to Radial. Probably they also had big auction to empty the building of all this stuff that was deemed by Ebay as "Illegal" to ship to foreign countries. Back up your semi truck and load it up. Maybe this guy in Cass City Michigan bought the whole works. No need for an auction.

This seller 8ten1944 has 13,593 positives feedbacks and another 134 neutral and negative feedbacks in 12 months and still currently has 9200 auction listings. Keep in mind many buyers don't bother giving out feedback so no idea what the total sold in the last 12 months is?

John k9uwa

PostPosted: Dec Sat 02, 2017 11:23 pm 

The Cass City seller also has a 12S568 for sale. Doing a search for completed auctions this radio was previously sold by a seller in Akron, ohio. Same pictures. Same listing.

It's probably just a bad tube or something?
If it has a short, can you make it longer?

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 59 posts ]  Moderator: Lou deGonzague Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next