Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Mon 18, 2017 11:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm having an Ebay search problem
PostPosted: Dec Thu 07, 2017 2:24 pm 

As I search on Ebay and am looking at various item the page will go blank and the address bar will show ir.ebaystatic.com . Anyone have any idea what this is and how to stop it? Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: I'm having an Ebay search problem
PostPosted: Dec Thu 07, 2017 2:39 pm 

From what I gather, it's a javascript (not Java) issue. Are you running an adblocker, or noscript? If so, whitelist "ebay.com" and always access ebay using secure means (Https://) Much malware is written to exploit eBay and Amazon, so using https is the safest way to access them.

Also, some browsers do funny things in HTML5, which eBay is supporting/using. Make sure you have the latest IE/Edge/FF/Opera/Chrome/Chromium version, as HTML 5 incorporation is piece meal (incremental) these days. If your OS is Windows XP or Vista, you won't be able to use some of the latest browsers.

Post subject: Re: I'm having an Ebay search problem
PostPosted: Dec Thu 07, 2017 4:58 pm 

Delete all cookies that can be identified as from ebay. Try deleting any ebay related history in past, say 3 months too. Then log in and see if problem remains.

For snicks and giggles, visit ebay without logging in from any computer know to never have visited. Be surprised how different the search results will be... :shock:

Chas