Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Tue 17, 2017 4:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems in tuner section of receiver
PostPosted: Jan Sat 07, 2017 9:45 pm 

photobucket.com/user/dave6545/media/1467 Schematic 001.jpg.html?o=1 Hi All I'm new here and need some help with a small receiver i got off the auction site .

Sometimes things are hard to explain with problems with tuners especially people
like me . I've got tube amps up and running but the radio section no so i posted
a video on You Tube . Here's the code to copy and paste in You Tube . I wasn't allowed
to add a URL . http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/dave6 ... sort=9&o=1

The receiver is a Voice of Music 1467 . I fell in love with the 60's style of this brand
so i have 3 model 1428 Amps . I got the 1467 for a friend and would like to get
it working as good as possible. And please excuse My poor video . Thanks in advance .

Edit reason add schematic and video

Post subject: Re: Problems in tuner section of receiver
PostPosted: Jan Tue 10, 2017 5:37 am 

For anyone playing along,

Schematic: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_libra ... 1467.shtml
Some other photos: http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/vm_voice_o ... _1467.html

Any chance you can write out what the trouble is, though? A 12-minute narration is a lot to sit through. I got that it's been recapped, and you didn't touch any of the slugs yet, though.

Did you get all the paper caps in the tuner section, though? You mentioned only replacing a couple of coupling caps. I know some of these '60s tube devices have capacitors that look pretty similar to resistors with the color bands, but they're still just paper caps inside. No need to replace anything ceramic/mica or polystyrene (if there are even any of those in this receiver) but the paper ones for sure.

PostPosted: Jan Tue 10, 2017 2:09 pm 

jkoebel ; Thanks for the reply back . I found a tech here in Pittsburgh and talked

with him and he has the equipment to align and fix the tuner section . Through our
conversation i feel confident he'll get it working properly . Im in love with this brand
60's style and want it working right . I don't have the necessary equipment to
trouble shoot properly . And yes i saw those caps that look like 1/2 watt resistors and
that showed up with my multi meter . I'll post back with the results after it's fixed .
Finding out what he works on bet his shop rates are 70-100 $ hour and he's on the
road fixing organs also.

PostPosted: Jan Tue 10, 2017 8:05 pm 

Cool, good to hear it! Tuners aren't so bad to align, even FM, but it does need some more specialized equipment.

Let us know what he ends up doing!