Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Thu 13, 2018 9:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SIlvertone 1391 audio level output issue
PostPosted: Jul Mon 09, 2018 6:34 am 

Hello, Just finished recapping and testing and the guitar amp sounds great and clean. Only problem is the volume level is only about half of what a 5 watt amp should be. All the voltages look good and all the resistors test well as do the tubes. What could I be missing? Has to be something silly easy. The volume POT is 1 meg. Thinking about trying a 500K. Any other suggestions on things to look for or try?

I usually work on old radios but this 1391 was just too cool to pass up but I am a bit out of my comfort zone.

Thanks in advance.
Rudy

Post subject: Re: SIlvertone 1391 audio level output issue
PostPosted: Jul Mon 09, 2018 7:21 am 

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=342739&p=2875271#p2875271

Dave

Post subject: Re: SIlvertone 1391 audio level output issue
PostPosted: Jul Fri 13, 2018 2:55 am 

Can't see how changing the pot to half value would make a bit of dif in any positive fashion. Just reduce the load resistance to the guitar. I thought a Fender Champ ran about 100V more on the 6V6 to get the few watts output it generates. Where does it say that is a 5 watt RMS power amp? And maybe the overall gain of that is less than something like a Champ amp. Might hook to a signal generator to be able to drive it to it's full power output, and look on a scope to see what your power level is, before flat topping of the output. Do you need to run the gain control at 11 or something, to get good volume output? Or does it reach it's max at a lower setting, but the max seems low? That might inspire to rig in another speaker to try. A 4 Ohm should work there.