Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Mon 23, 2017 7:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Where are you hearing old time radio?
PostPosted: Sep Tue 19, 2017 3:18 am 

Using TuneIn.com (and doing a search for Nostalgia, then saving the search) is a one-stop web address for lots of the stations listed in this thread. Also Radio Garden has stations from all over the globe-you can find some stations like The U.K.1940's Radio Network under London stations, playing big band music all day. They also have Stockholm's THS Radio, playing 1920's and 30's folk, country and blues.

For oldies, I listen to WLNG out of Sag Harbor, NY either through Radio Garden or their own website wlng.com-they play 1950's thru 90's with the old jingles and the dj's using a delivery that seems to pay homage to the old 77 WABC (if you remember Dan Ingram talking over WABC's jingles-they do that a lot). Several of the airstaff sound like they've been on the air there for most of their lives-unheard of in the modern corporate-owned radio groups that control most radio these days. They are why I got out of radio after about 20 years on the air (that and putting the music and everything on computers-that was the last straw). They have a great program Saturdays, Sock Hop Saturday Night from 8pm-Midnight Eastern.

If you like obscure rockabilly, blues, country, psychedelic, girl groups, B-sides-all the music oldies radio won't play, check out WFMU's Ichiban Rock & Soul out of East Orange, NJ on TuneIn.

A while back, one of the old time radio stations on TuneIn offered all their programs downloaded on a 1 terabyte external hard drive for about $100. I got one, and it has about 30,000 separate radio shows on it. I probably won't get through 10% of them in my lifetime.

PostPosted: Sep Tue 19, 2017 3:47 am 

You can listen to my weekly show, Nostalgia Radio Time, each Saturday from 9 to 10 pm Central on 1420thebreeze.com. The most recent shows are archived here: http://1420thebreeze.com/audio-archives/

A mix of some of the finest music from legendary performers and personalities of the greatest generation, along with complete vintage broadcasts from the golden age of radio. Including the 'Bing Sings' feature each week!

Live on the air locally and streaming online each Saturday from 9 pm to 10 pm (CST) on 1420 AM The Breeze, WJUB radio in Plymouth, Wisconsin.

Listen locally on your radios, online streaming from the www.1420thebreeze.com website, or, if you use your iPhone or Android phone, via the TuneIn Radio app. Search for WJUB 1420 The Breeze.

Join our Facebook fan group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NostalgiaRadioTime/

Also follow us on Twitter: @NRTonWJUB

E-mail me your requests: NostalgiaRadioTime@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Oct Sat 07, 2017 3:58 am 

I listen to O.T.R on either WBBM or WGN on the weekends the old fashioned way, that is from DXing with my 1947 Stromberg-Carlson, or any of the other AA6 radios that i have in my collection. i don't regard "streaming" over the internet as being "radio".
WGN plays good OTR shows starting at midnight (eastern) on Saturday into Sunday morning. i also heard them late night on WBBM. both of those stations are out of Chicago & are high power stations at night.

PostPosted: Oct Sat 07, 2017 4:10 am 

Yes the WGN Radio Theatre is great! Each Saturday at 11 pm to 2 am Sunday, and again Sunday at 11 pm to 2 am Monday. It streams live or you can tune in at 720 AM in the Chicago area. http://wgnradiotheatre.com/

PostPosted: Oct Sat 07, 2017 4:11 pm 

One of our local stations, WCWA 1230, plays the oldies every Saturday morning from 9-12.

"AC volts and DC volts and little lamps and lities..."

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 65 posts ]  Moderator: Mike Wheat Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4