Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Wed 22, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Shadow
PostPosted: Jun Thu 02, 2016 2:51 am 

Is now available on Archlves. org ! ..... Gregg---https://archive.org/details/1985TheStoryOfTHESHADOWRadioDocumentary

Post subject: Re: The Shadow
PostPosted: Jun Thu 02, 2016 2:54 am 

Yess!!! I love the Shadow!!

PostPosted: Nov Thu 17, 2016 9:28 pm 

"The weed of crime bears bitter fruit! Crime does NOT pay. The Shadow knows!" I have 4 cassette tapes of some of the shows, I need to get them on CD and MP3 files. And will of course play the ones on archive dot org
RW

PostPosted: Feb Sun 12, 2017 4:04 pm 

It would be interesting to hear the entire story. Not the storyline of the Shadow (it has more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese) but the legal/copyright part of it.

Some time ago I recall a radio station owner making some comment about a couple of episodes of The Shadow being in the public domain, but all the rest are locked in some way. OTRCAT used to have around 250 episodes available (and guess what? I bought them and have them!) but were later pulled, and it seems nobody has them (except for possibly this new link). Who owns them?

From what I understand, out of about 750 episodes, some 250 have survived. Glad to have those 250, but it's rather sad the others are gone -- IF they're gone. It would be neat if somebody were to make a discovery . . .

The really sad one on this category is Death Valley Days. The show ran for year and years, but there are only a couple surviving episodes.

As for The Shadow, the show is a classic to be sure. I'd love to see somebody grab the scripts of those lost episodes and re-enact some of them.

PostPosted: Mar Fri 24, 2017 2:06 am 

there is a company called radio spirits that is claiming to have the rights to a lot of otr like the shadow. They have done a great job of forcing free sites to pull the shows under threat of legal action. Most sites do not have the time/money to fight.