Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Mon 23, 2017 7:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FS: Hallicrafters S40 Communications Receiver
PostPosted: Oct Fri 13, 2017 12:30 am 

I'm offering a Hallicrafters S40 in very good working and cosmetic condition. Paypal F & F preferred. Other forms of payment (money order, check, etc.) OK too. Usual Forum rules apply.

Price is $125 shipped via economy ground to anywhere within the continental U.S. The radio will be well-packed, double-boxed and insured. Pick-up in the Memphis, Tennessee area can also be arranged. Please PM me for details on local pick-up.

No dents, major scratches, or rust in the enclosure or speaker grill. All the knobs appear to be original. The S40 has better IF transformers that are not prone to having silver-mica disease, and is a more stable/better unit, than the S40-A or -B versions.

I'm including a $20+ high-quality spiral-bound reproduction Hallicrafters Operations/Technical Manual (TM 94-145, January, 1946) with the receiver at no extra charge.

I would like someone who can use it and appreciate it to become its new owner. I have an Icom IC-R71A which is my "go to" shortwave receiver. I don't need or have the room for 2 shortwave receivers.

Here is my original for sale post from a little over a year ago (thought I'd try it again): http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=306680

And here is the original "for sale" post from a fellow ARF member (I ultimately bought the receiver from him; it's been used a total of maybe 3 hours since then): viewtopic.php?f=15&t=250968.

I have not personally done anything to the receiver since I purchased it several years ago; the last time I used it, the receiver worked well and received on all bands (atmospheric conditions permitting). The only minor flaw I've noticed is a missing vertical red line on the dial cover. I assume the dial cover was replaced at some point. The red line could be easily added if it matters to you. The radio was serviced and painted by the previous owner.

Attachments:
Hallicrafters S40.jpg
Hallicrafters S40.jpg [ 132.17 KiB | Viewed 363 times ]

"This is the last radio I will ever buy, dear; I promise"

Post subject: Re: FS: Hallicrafters S40 Communications Receiver
PostPosted: Oct Fri 20, 2017 12:36 am 

Bumpity-bump :)

"This is the last radio I will ever buy, dear; I promise"