Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Wed 14, 2018 9:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FREE: Victor R-52 cabinet only
PostPosted: Dec Mon 18, 2017 5:15 am 

Last year I rescued a Victor R-52 cabinet from a local Freecycle listing. I recognized it because I have an RE-75 that uses a similar design. Now it's taking up room in my shop. If anybody has the innards and wants the cabinet, holler. MY alternative plan is to stuff it with another old-radio chassis.

This one needs some veneer work on the stretchers and on the lowest part of one leg. It's located in northern lower Michigan but I could deliver farther south in central lower Michigan.

Chris Campbell

Post subject: Re: FREE: Victor R-52 cabinet only
PostPosted: Feb Sat 03, 2018 11:36 pm 

I'll bump this up. Surely somebody has some Victor electronics that need a home. I can send photos.

Chris Campbell

PostPosted: Feb Mon 26, 2018 4:41 am 

Bumping again. This is taking up space in my shop. I grabbed it just to keep it from going to a landfill and thought maybe somebody would have a use for it.

Chris Campbell

PostPosted: Feb Wed 28, 2018 1:09 am 

To keep them from going to the land fill I could use the legs and stringers for one I have that was chopped by a previous owner.

PostPosted: Mar Fri 02, 2018 4:44 pm 

Chris, i believe i have a chassis that would fit this. Its a heavy unit. Send me a message. Maybe we can get together on this.

PostPosted: Sep Fri 28, 2018 3:00 am 

I'll bump this up. Hey, it's fall, the outdoors and sailing seasons are mostly over, and I turn to indoor pursuits because it's dark after work. This radio cabinet is still taking up valuable floor space in my garage shop. Surely somebody has some Victor innards that need to be enclosed. Located in northern lower Michigan, but I could move it southward, and it would be fairly easy to ship because it's not pristine.

Chris Campbell

PostPosted: Nov Thu 08, 2018 1:55 am 

Bumping this up again. It's fall and I'm spending more time in my shop, where this is taking up valuable space. Still hunting for the right person who has the Victor electronics and needs the right case. I found a Wards Airline fan who wanted the 1935 radio shipping box, so now maybe this offer will catch somebody's eye.

Chris Campbell