Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jan Wed 17, 2018 8:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FS:Tube Amps: HI FI & GTR, RAULAND, HH Scott, Webster Chic
PostPosted: Jan Thu 11, 2018 3:58 am 

For winter projects I am offering a few of mine so I can get to the pieces other folks have left here for repair before spring ...

First is a rare RAULAND 1520 amplifier that has not been messed with yet other than cosmetic detailing...this is a mono integrated hi fi amplifier
with a variety of added features such as hum filter, bias adj., etc, uses common tubes such as 5881 (6L6G) and 12AX7's, etc below chassis...

Someone before me drilled 2 holes in the corner of the top 1950's modern contemporary styled "golden crest" metal panel, for what reason (wiring out of wall cabinet perhaps?) I do not know...other than that pretty much original.
I am not able to find ANY spec literature or catalog adverts on this from any distributor, but I am guessing it was made sometime between 1955 and 1958...I can include a scan (or maybe even a real photofact if I have one) with purchase- $125

(2) WEBSTER CHICAGO 166-1 mono Amplifier & Speaker - This was originally sold with a separate matching phonograph...I removed the 4 pin plug from the rotting cloth cord (taped) with a ΒΌ" plug and replaced the filter caps externally from can (see photo), powered it up briefly on variac and never got back to it...
Would recommend replacing most of the red "Tiny Chiefs" present, as well as signal troubleshooting and organizing better my electrolytic christmas tree creation...some of the resistors used around the can due to heat and age should probably be checked or replaced as well before use...
Tubes are included and tested good on my TV-7 tester - $125

(3) H.H. SCOTT 220-A Mono PAIR- Hermon Hosmer's first amplifier offering (10- 55K freq. response), just after the RC-2 by Radio Craftsmen..This was one of the first commercially offered Hi-Fi amplifiers...It took me years to find a matching amp with a good pwr transformer to the amp I inherited from my Dad...eventually I lucked out on the correct replacement transformer, every amp I bought had a bad one on auction site...Both of these were rebuilt 4 -8 years ago and have been sitting since their individual testing out...
One of the amps needs higher handling voltage electrolytic caps installed (so you get bonus caps!), I used what was recommended on the schematic
at the time as I used a generator for my A.C. power and could stabilize the A.C. voltage at 117 v...now I live on a power line with who knows 127 V?

You MUST have the resistor installed in the octal plug on front OR a 120 HH Scott preamplifier installed in socket or the pwr transformer will fry in seconds, as the transformer provides power to the external preamp.

Otherwise besides that early foible these are wonderful sounding amplifiers, the best I have heard besides a Brociner, which I finally found a match to (another project I hope to get to)
All tubes except the power tubes (6L6G) included,

Will email photos to those seriously interested in purchase, (send a PM), otherwise will add some photos soon -$1500 OBO

All prices plus least cost shipping from 95490.

Attachments:
AAF+ Rauland 1520 3.JPG
AAF+ Rauland 1520 3.JPG [ 80.24 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]
AAF+ Rauland 1520 2.JPG
AAF+ Rauland 1520 2.JPG [ 150.77 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]
AAF+ Rauland 1520 7.JPG
AAF+ Rauland 1520 7.JPG [ 161.53 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]
AAF+ Rauland 1520 8.JPG
AAF+ Rauland 1520 8.JPG [ 129.7 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]
AAF+ webster Chicago 166-1 9.JPG
AAF+ webster Chicago 166-1 9.JPG [ 155.75 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]
AAF+ webster Chicago 166-1 8.JPG
AAF+ webster Chicago 166-1 8.JPG [ 148.13 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]
AAF+ Webster 166 1.JPG
AAF+ Webster 166 1.JPG [ 115.63 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]
AAF+ Webster Chicago 166-1 7.JPG
AAF+ Webster Chicago 166-1 7.JPG [ 118.5 KiB | Viewed 273 times ]

Post subject: Re: FS:Tube Amps: HI FI & GTR, RAULAND, HH Scott, Webster Ch
PostPosted: Jan Fri 12, 2018 1:25 am 

Whats the tube line up in the Webster-Chicago?

PostPosted: Jan Fri 12, 2018 8:10 am 

According to my photofact, The tube line up is:
6AT6
12AX7
(2) 6V6GT
5Y3

However I seem to recall octal tubes in the preamp, I'll take it apart again in the morning and check,
this one may be a earlier version.

PostPosted: Jan Fri 12, 2018 8:12 am 

Oops no, I see one of those little buggers (a 6At6?) in one of my photos,
so it is like the photofact.