Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Feb Mon 26, 2018 2:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SOLD...Eico 667 Tube Tester
PostPosted: Feb Mon 12, 2018 11:52 pm 

This is an Eico model 667 Dynamic Conductance Tube and Transistor tester-slightly more advanced than a basic emissions tester.AC voltages are applied to the individual tube elements and the plate current measured.This model has a very good leakage and shorts test using DC voltage. The amount of leakage is displayed,in ohms, on the meter.It can also test transistors,but I've never used that function.

The Eico 667 is the later version of the 666,meaning that it is not equipped to test the old 4,5,6,7 pin tubes.However,with easily made adapters,this unit will test any tube the 666 can.

One modification has been made.The red and black jacks you see in the upper right corner allow the insertion of a ma meter into the plate circuit of the tube under test,allowing direct measurement of plate current.I don't recall what I used this mod for,but it's there.

This particular unit is NOT a kit tester-it was factory built.It has been my personal tester for about 15-20 years and works as it should.I checked the calibration recently and it was fine.It has minor signs of use on the face and cabinet as one would expect,but it's in very good condition,in my opinion.

Included with tester are the original owner's manual,667-03 data chart installed in tester,2 or 3 addendums to an early chart,the large 1975 test data book(in photo) and a photocopy of the newest available data book for this tester,dated 1977.I didn't know of the existence of the 1977 book until recently and it appears to contain the most accurate data for this tester.This book covers a lot of different tube types.

Asking price is $90 plus US POSTAL shipping from 03262 in New Hampshire.Payment in the form of CASH or USPS MONEY ORDER only,please.NO CHECKS.

Box size is 24" long,16" wide,16" high and weighs about 27 pounds,as close as I can get with my scales,and I'm usually pretty close.

Please note:Shipping can be delayed this time of year due to weather.I can't help this,but I do my best to ship quickly.Thanks

Attachments:
DSCN3239b.jpg
DSCN3239b.jpg [ 114.9 KiB | Viewed 378 times ]
DSCN3240a.jpg
DSCN3240a.jpg [ 84.48 KiB | Viewed 378 times ]

Last edited by Mike C. on Feb Thu 15, 2018 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FS:Eico 667 Tube Tester
PostPosted: Feb Tue 13, 2018 4:45 am 

Hi, I'm interested.

This unit looks beautiful and well kept. I also like the mod for the AM in the upper right corner. I consider that to be a personalized upgrade.

Post subject: Re: FS:Eico 667 Tube Tester-SOLD
PostPosted: Feb Wed 14, 2018 8:20 pm 

Sold.Thank you.