Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Thu 13, 2018 4:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB: Basic working VTVM
PostPosted: Oct Mon 08, 2018 3:23 pm 

Hi all,

After three years I pulled out my VTVM to check some voltages. Sadly, it may have been water-damaged by a window leak that got it wet. While I'm getting ready to open it up and see what I can do, I thought I'd see if anyone had a working basic hobby-grade VTVM with leads for 30 bucks or less. I wouldn't trust something I found on Ebay to work. My ZIP is 60056 for shipping. Please PM me...

Post subject: Re: WTB: Basic working VTVM
PostPosted: Oct Wed 10, 2018 11:56 am 

Greetings to Chuck and the Forum:

If you have any ham swap meets happening near you, check them out. I bought several VTVM's at one near my home for a potential basic electricity class. The most expensive one was about $7 and had a bad meter that cost me about $15 to replace as I recall. The best deal was an HP 410B that I got for $5... it had a broken meter glass. I was able to replace the glass with one from another old HP meter movement, changed out a bad mica cap and had a working HP 410 for $5 plus a little labor. They are out there... and most of them require little work to make operational.

Good Hunting,

Post subject: Re: WTB: Basic working VTVM
PostPosted: Oct Thu 11, 2018 11:34 pm 

I have an Eico 232 for sale if interested. It is listed in the classifieds under FS: Test Equipment.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=347539