Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Sat 17, 2018 6:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB: Philco 37-61 chassis
PostPosted: Nov Thu 08, 2018 1:01 am 

I need a Philco 37-61 chassis. Must be complete and serviceable--eg good PT, coils, etc.---I will get a repro dial if needed. This is for a radiobar, and I would like to confirm some measurements before closing the deal.

"It's always something". --Gilda Radner (1946 - 1989)

Post subject: Re: WTB: Philco 37-61 chassis
PostPosted: Nov Thu 08, 2018 6:02 am 

Do you want a chassis where the work is all but done or a raw chassis to do the work yourself? Earlier this year I bought a 37-61 chassis only for parts but found it had possibilities and I just couldn't tear into it. Just tonight I all but finished a restoration on it including cleaning and painting the chassis and installing new rubber parts on the tuner assembly. It still needs an AC power cord installed, the dial light innards replaced, a repro tuning dial and an alignment but seems to work fine on AM/SW. I was going to look for just a cathedral cabinet for it but I'd be happy to know this one went into a Radiobar.

PM me and I can explain a few other details about it and send you some pics.

P.S. - After I wrote this reply I happened upon your thread about the Radiobar. Ron Ramirez had said that the 37-61 was the correct chassis but you were wondering about the bottom center shaft being higher than the other two as they all look at the same level. I measured my chassis and the center (band switch) shaft is in fact about 3mm higher than the other two shafts.

Post subject: Re: WTB: Philco 37-61 chassis
PostPosted: Nov Thu 08, 2018 11:58 am 

I'll consider anything....sending you a PM

"It's always something". --Gilda Radner (1946 - 1989)