Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Tue 25, 2017 9:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Century Link Voice Mail
PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 7:14 am 

How do I turn off Century Link voice mail?

I recently went to Century Link for internet service and had no idea I was signing up for voice mail. Someone I do service work for just came to the door and said he's been calling for two days and can't get through because my mail box is full; my sister just said that the phone line just disconnects. I have an answering machine and don't want voice mail. I tried doing an internet search and found everything but the correct advice.

Post subject: Re: Century Link Voice Mail
PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 10:22 pm 

Here's a guess. I have Verizon, changed from Comcast, and had same problem as your problem. Didn't like it and wanted my messages on my answering machine. Here's what I had to do. Went to my Verizon account, dropped it from my plan (made a change to the services) tho it was free. Change took affect in couple days. You might ought to "change" your services in your Century account?
Bill J.

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.centurylink.com/home/help/re ... ice%20mail

PostPosted: Jan Thu 12, 2017 12:18 am 

Thanks for the link, Alan. I just cleaned out two years' worth of old messages on Century Link.

PostPosted: Jan Thu 12, 2017 5:47 am 

Really dumb. Went to the link that Alan gave. Had instructions to submit area code and prefix to "get the right information for setting up voice mail".... Then got a message saying that information for my area was not available. Some kind of national secret I guess.

Called the phone company and they set my voice mail to 8 rings, so now my answering machine should pick up first. Will it?

Had the phone tech come out today because of more noise and crackling on the line, plus to install a "New" modem that will (supposedly) give me the 20mbs that was promised. Well, she was here for a couple of hours; she was the only one who had any gumption at all. She went to the substation and found the problem: she described it as an unbalance on the line that was causing all the noise. Is it fixed? I wouldn't bet on it, but after a few hours the noise has not come back (as it did even before the last tech got in his truck). One problem though: she said the work order was written incorrectly (again), and she couldn't install the correct modem, so I still have 11.4 to 14.9mbs.