Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sat 16, 2017 3:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Quackery at its finest.........
PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 1:52 am 

clueless wrote:
Does that work with Plantar warts? I have one that's been frozen, chemically treated, surgically excised, etc and still keeps coming back.

Used to get those in high school, on my heels, probably from Gym class. The freeze treatment worked a treat. They have to be thorough about it, and it hurts like hell if they do it right. But they are gone for good.

As far as folklore - I've never had warts on my hands, except once, as I can honestly remember. It was about a week or so after the first and only time I handled a frog. True story. Now correlation ain't causation, as is well known. But that's pretty dang weird.

PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 3:34 am 

Quote:
SmoothOscillator wrote:
Same thing for me. I had a wart and could not shake it despite Rx$$. The old woman next door kept telling me to rub a fresh potato slice on it. I finally acquiesced and did this 2x/day for about a month. Wart: gone, never returned.

Does that work with Plantar warts? I have one that's been frozen, chemically treated, surgically excised, etc and still keeps coming back.

Yes, this was a plantar on my heel and very painful to walk on. I don't remember how long it took - I want to say a month of diligence, morning and night. Sorry to be graphic: one morning it had turned black and it just rolled off, leaving a skin crater that eventually smoothed out. Never returned.

There is some science to it, I heard an enzyme or something.

PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 6:23 am 

SmoothOscillator wrote:
Same thing for me. I had a wart and could not shake it despite Rx$$. The old woman next door kept telling me to rub a fresh potato slice on it. I finally acquiesced and did this 2x/day for about a month. Wart: gone, never returned.

Did the Potato end up with the wart on it?

PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 6:51 am 

One only has to go to the supermarket to see all the tabloids which have their crazy alien theories and such. Enough people must waste their money on that crap, how else could those rags keep putting out the same drivel week after week. YouTube is full of people "proving" that the earth is flat and that perpetual motion machines (free energy) actually work. Hey, the moon could actually be made of green cheese for all we know, and Santa Clause actually flies around in a sled with reindeer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 24 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2