Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Mon 18, 2017 11:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Samsung Computer Moniter / TV picture issues
PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 12:11 pm 

I have a Samsung 23" Moniter / TV combo that I have connected to my computer to use a second screen. It also has a TV tuner and HDMI inputs. I have a ROKU connected to one of the HDMI ports and an OTA antenna connected to use it as a television. A couple of days ago I changed the source to TV and all the black tones are now green in tint. The same is true when using the ROKU connected to the HDMI ports. The color and blacks are perfect when using it as a monitor with the VGA port. The only thing I've tried is disconnecting the power cord for a minute or two and do a reset by holding the exit key on the remote for 10 seconds. Neither had any effect. I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Googling the problem has been no help as green screen issues seem to be of the type of no picture at all, just a green screen. I'm hoping one of you may have some good advice as to how to proceed.

Post subject: Re: Samsung Computer Moniter / TV picture issues
PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 1:30 pm 

What's the model number Rob?
Have you tried... →Menu →Picture →Picture Reset

When you attempted a Factory Reset, did you get a warning message→ OK to proceed?

Reseat all connection cables.
If you are using a power-strip/surge protector, try a different one or connect directly to wall-outlet.

Greg.

PostPosted: Dec Tue 05, 2017 4:36 pm 

Thank you for your reply Greg. I meant to supply the model no. then hit submit. It is a CF23MS or, more precisly an LS23CFUKFY/ZA. I have tried pluging it in to a different outlet and I've switched the HDMI from one to another with no effect. I haven't been able to do a factory reset as I've not found any information on how to do one. I've done the picture reset that is available in the menu. One interesting thing is there is a different menu for picture settings when on the PC input than when on the other inputs.

PostPosted: Dec Wed 06, 2017 12:08 am 

This fixed it for some people -
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions ... en-350526/

Here is the cable they speak of in the above link (I think)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtyhKHDwqJA

PostPosted: Dec Wed 06, 2017 2:06 am 

Yes... Ribbon connectors can become oxidized over time and require cleaning and re-seating.
Watch out some can be fragile.

Rob, CF23MS is the type number.

If it's model 2333HD as shown in the image below and you are going to attempt cleaning/re-seating the internal ribbon connectors... you may find it easier with the disassembly instructions. It's like opening a can of tuna... Lol
image: https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/5242334100_1339751729.jpg

Not sure if I still have your email address? shoot it to me via PM (private message) for disassembly and reassembly.pdf with photos... :)

Greg.

PostPosted: Dec Wed 06, 2017 10:17 am 

That looks promising. Your right Greg I did pull out the wrong model no. I'll PM you my E-mail. I really appreciate all the help.

PostPosted: Dec Thu 07, 2017 10:44 am 

I took the back off the TV and cleaned and reseated the cable to the Tcon board. Unfortunately there was no improvement. I was impressed with how cheaply this set was made. There aren't even any screws holding the main boards in place, just 3 tiny screws holding the Tcon board and cover. I wish to thank Greg for sending me the service manual. I tried the series of remote clicks required to enter the service menu but they didn't work. I'm not sure if that is because I don't have the remote that came with it. I purchased this TV at an estate sale and the remote, as usual, wasn't there. I am using a Samsung remote and all the functions work so I don't know why I can't access the service menu.

PostPosted: Dec Thu 07, 2017 11:41 am 

Rob, I've emailed you the user manual, originally supplied on CD with the monitor.

There is a whole bunch of color related adjustments available.
Part number for original remote is there as well.

Try different cables.

Greg.

oh... Accessing the factory service menu is not really recommended... :)