Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sat 16, 2017 12:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2004 Silverado battery not charging
PostPosted: Dec Thu 07, 2017 6:11 pm 

There is a fuse in the underhood fuse block that could affect the charge light, there's also a fusible link in the B+ output of the alternator but since you're getting 14v at the battery that must be okay.

Attachments:
fuses.jpg
fuses.jpg [ 63.12 KiB | Viewed 114 times ]

PostPosted: Dec Sat 09, 2017 3:37 am 

Thanks to all who have replied. The truck isn't throwing any codes now, but the battery light is still flashing. The battery is charging, so I'm not sure what it doesn't like. All fuses in the ignition circuit tested good.

I'm not going to worry with the light. If it wants to flash it can.

PM me for my email address

PostPosted: Dec Sat 09, 2017 4:21 am 

Not a good plan. That indicator is there to warn you about something awry in the charging system. Normally, when that light comes on you've got maybe 20 minutes to pull over and deal with the problem or to get home (whichever is quicker) before the battery poops out.

At present, if that system experiences another malfunction, you'll have no way of knowing until you are beside the road with a dead battery.

Murphy's law being what it is, this sort of malfunction will probably occur again on the coldest, most rainy night of the year on the most poorly lit street in the worst neighborhood in the city with the highest murder rate in the state, just as you are coming down with a bad case of the flu.

You've already got the battery charging; now you've got to complete the job by figuring out why the light is still flashing.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 23 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2