Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Mon 24, 2018 3:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I need some help please - tech support for gas range
PostPosted: Jan Fri 19, 2018 7:41 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
I have a new unused, three year old Samsung gas range. I just installed it and everything works except the convection fan. Before I start in on tearing it apart, is there anyone out there who might have service info? .... specifically an electrical schematic? It's a model NX58H5600SS. Samsung was useless .... they did their best, but the lady from the Dominican Republic is only allowed to read from the troubleshooting charts before recommending that I take it 650km to Ottawa for service .... not happening!

cheers, and thank you in advance for any help.

John

Post subject: Re: I need some help please - tech support for gas range
PostPosted: Jan Fri 19, 2018 7:44 pm 

Typically appliances have included a basic schematic usually in the form of a block diagram or ladder diagram with the unit. Sometimes that's in an envelope glued somewhere that is accessible to a service tech but where the owner might not find it unless they knew where to look. Other than that it's highly unlikely anyone other than a factory authorized technician would have access to a diagnostic manual or more advanced schematics.

Note that if it's brand new and never worked, I would look for something they didn't catch in their test at the end of the assembly line, such as a pin pushed out of place on a connector, an unsoldered connection on a PC board, or a defective fan (or possibly jammed by a loose screw falling into it during shipping).

Experience is what you gain when the results aren't what you were expecting.

PostPosted: Jan Fri 19, 2018 7:54 pm 

try the back panel behind the knobs. When you pull the back cover off washing machines, dryers and stoves that's where you normally find them. Refrigerators on the other hand not so much.

jason

PostPosted: Jan Fri 19, 2018 8:03 pm 

If it's like any of the new appliances,.. there is probably a circuit board with a microprocessor that drives a small relay to operate the fan. A friends fridge went bad just a few weeks ago, and there was a board with a PIC micro that went bad. It was a $300 dollar fix (new board). I have the old board here and have gone through it. It is definitely the PIC that went bad. I pulled the chip and tried to read it in my programmer,..to make a replacement PIC controller for him, but it had the security bit blown, so I could not dump the code. Otherwise,.. it would have been a $5.00 fix. hopefully your range has a better outcome (cheaper). Oh, and his fridge was just over a year old.
good luck
tony

PostPosted: Jan Fri 19, 2018 8:46 pm 

I located a service manual only $12 SM-NX58H5600SS
see on link
https://www.samsungparts.com/dcwsearch/ ... H5600SS/AA

PostPosted: Jan Fri 19, 2018 10:18 pm 

Location: 13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K 1P0
First of all .... thank you to all who have replied!! I have not yet searched inside the unit for any service info, but I shall. Instrument Fixer ... extra thanks for finding that manual. It eluded me in a search (not unusual for me) and so I have ordered it now.

cheers, thanks again,

John