Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Thu 13, 2018 9:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: VRPS Convention Nov 16-18 2018
PostPosted: Nov Tue 13, 2018 6:17 am 

The annual Vintage Radio and Phonograph Society (VRPS) convention is this weekend (November 16-18). For information go to the web site (http://www.vrps.org). Randy James

Post subject: Re: VRPS Convention Nov 16-18 2018
PostPosted: Nov Sun 18, 2018 6:20 am 

I was able to take a few photos today at the 3rd auction. There were two auctions yesterday that I missed. The first was tubes and paper. The second yesterday were items with a minimum $10 bid. The auction today usually has the nicer stuff though I heard that there were some decent items offered on day one. Today's auction was a $20 minimum bid. I have a garage full of projects so was not aggressive on any of the bids though now that I look back I wish I would have pursued a few items just a little harder. Prices were fair. At the end of the auction I think people were getting a little tired. There was a lot of chatter in the room where the auctioneer had to ask the crowd to tone it down so that bidders could follow what was going on. In the last 30 minutes there were numerous tombstone radios that failed to get the minimum $20 bid. By that time I was sitting on my hands because I know I would have had a hard time explaining to my wife why I needed more projects. :)

Last edited by Mike the Cajun on Nov Sun 18, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Nov Sun 18, 2018 6:33 am 

Here are a few pictures from my phone of items entered in the contests.

PostPosted: Nov Sun 18, 2018 6:43 am 

These pictures were taken with my phone. If I go to the swap meet tomorrow morning and there is something worth sharing I will take pictures of that as well.

PostPosted: Nov Fri 30, 2018 1:04 am 

Thanks Mike for the pictures. I do see a couple of AK's that I don't have in my AK museum, The AK708 and the AK447. If I could have gone, I would have been bidding on them.

http://www.atwaterkentsrus.com

PostPosted: Dec Thu 06, 2018 7:20 pm 

I will echo my THANKS for your photos! I would like to ask if there is some posting as to the results of the auction(s)? THANK YOU! Dave

PostPosted: Dec Fri 07, 2018 7:26 am 

You guys are welcome. I wish that I made the other two auctions or the swap meet but it just didn't happen. Regarding what items went for, I didn't track it. I know that the club tracks and prints out invoices for the sold items. Randy James started this thread and he is in leadership with the organization. Maybe he can respond regarding if any of this information is available.