Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jan Mon 22, 2018 5:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Kutztown - great show!
PostPosted: Sep Sun 18, 2016 2:02 am 

This one was the best so far IMHO. Great show, great weather, good friends to get together with and a large crowd, especially Friday. Thanks to all who offered to help me unload but by then I was getting my strength back so all was well. Can't wait for the Spring show. :)

The only downer was the inability to catch up with a vendor that had a really nice Panasonic RF-4900 I was interested in. I tried to catch him several times with no luck and suddenly the table was empty and he was gone. Bummer. :(

On a side note, if you're the guy who bought the Kenwood TS-700A transceiver from me please PM me for a followup.

Larry

Post subject: Re: Kutztown - great show!
PostPosted: Sep Sun 18, 2016 3:54 am 

Just got back to MA a couple of hours ago. What a hoot! Lots of neat stuff as always, too much of which ended up coming home with me... :roll: Hung out with the guys from NEARC (can't wait for the Brookline show next weekend!), had some lovely food, and had fun hanging out near the ever-so-blasphemous bonfire. All in all, an excellent show as always.

Yeah, I too had a similar experience with a shortwave receiver I saw there, a Heathkit SW-7800. Every time I saw it, the seller was nowhere to be found, and the sellers on either side of it didn't pay me any mind, so I just kept looking. Well before 4PM on Friday, I looked again, and the table was empty. :( Oh well, that's how it goes. Did pick up a nice Grundig RTV-320U receiver, so at least I"ll be able to get my shortwave fix. :)

Oh, and as an aside, the bonfire on Friday night wasn't the only conflagration I witnessed. On my way home, shortly after getting on the Mass Pike, traffic started to bog down, and I spotted some black smoke in the distance soon afterwards. Eventually, I passed the scene of the accident, and it turned out to be a white car on the side of the road whose entire front end was engulfed in flames. :shock: Hopefully, everyone got out safely.
-Adam

http://www.electronixandmore.com/adam/index.html

PostPosted: Sep Sun 18, 2016 12:53 pm 

I wonder if it was the same vendor, the guy was never there and by 4pm Fri he was gone.

Larry

PostPosted: Sep Mon 19, 2016 6:22 pm 

Larry, it was really wonderful to see you and your wife again! Even though we kept bumping into each other again and again. :wink:

I agree, it was a great show! I had a wonderful time!
There were a couple times I missed a radio I wanted to buy, but in the end, I'm happy with what I did find.
I really don't need to bring home a vanload again!

I could have gone for the Zenith 6R687R radio/phonograph I saw. The price came down to $25 and I almost offered a Twenty for it, but I resisted.

I'll probably think about it for months. :lol:

yes, the weather was practically perfect in every way!

-Steve

-Pre-War FM
Consoles and floor models, the bigger, the better!