Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Mar Sat 25, 2017 12:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wisconsin Antique Radio Club Jan 15 swap meet near Milwauke
PostPosted: Dec Tue 06, 2016 5:51 am 

Attachment:
2017-01-15 flyer s.JPG
2017-01-15 flyer s.JPG [ 44.92 KiB | Viewed 714 times ]

Wisconsin Antique Radio Club Swap Meet

http://warci.org/

WHEN: January 15, 2017 @ 8:00 am -- 11:00 am

WHERE: Knights of Columbus
1800 S. 92nd Street,
West Allis, WI 53214

http://kcwestallis.com/

General Meet Information

There is no charge for admission!

Please note the later start time!

Doors open at 8:00 AM. The flea market starts at 8:00 AM, announcements are held at 10:30 AM followed by the donation auction and free pizza (usually around 11:00). Each meet will vary slightly, so check out the monthly flyer for more information!

As typical of most swap meets, the items are for sale by individual collectors, and most are one-of-a-kind. So for best selection (and the best deals), BE EARLY! But please stay around and get to meet some of the club members. These swap meets are a great way to connect with other local collectors that share your interests. By socializing at the meets you can find others that may have what you are looking for, radios & parts, people that can service your radios, and you can make some good friends.

Swap meet spaces are $7 for WARCI members, and $10 for non-members. Tables will be provided for indoor use only and are first-come, first-serve.

Address: Knights of Columbus, 1800 S. 92nd Street, West Allis, WI 53214

Also see our Facebook page for more current club information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsi ... 0503344505

Post subject: Re: Wisconsin Antique Radio Club Jan 15 swap meet near Milwa
PostPosted: Jan Sun 08, 2017 4:22 pm 

Only 1 week away!

PostPosted: Jan Sun 15, 2017 12:38 am 

I'm looking forward to the meet tomorrow! The weather is looking great, with a high of 33 degrees and no snow until Monday! Anything is better than the 1 degree weather from January 2016!

Just a note, tables will be provided by the venue, and we have a much larger hall this year, so if you have stuff to sell, bring it along!

I'll see you all tomorrow!

PostPosted: Jan Sun 15, 2017 12:41 am 

classicradiorepair wrote:
I'll see you all tomorrow!
Yes, you will! Just set my alarm clock to make sure I'm there as an early greeter.

Jim

PostPosted: Jan Sun 15, 2017 1:54 am 

"Doors open at 8" is that for buyers and sellers?

PostPosted: Jan Sun 15, 2017 2:23 am 

According to http://warci.org/event/warci-swap-meet- ... ance_id=41 :"Doors open at 7:00 AM for setup. The flea market starts at 8:00 AM"

This is in recognition of a new policy the Board of Directors are experimenting with.

This change is to allow a later start to the swaps so that people don't feel the need to get there long before sunrise to have a good shopping experience. And because many of our participants live 2+ hours away, they can also get up at a little more reasonable time. This policy change will hopefully also encourage more participants to stay later into the meet rather than bailing out by 9AM as many other antique radio clubs experience. And as far as I know, we are the only antique radio club that has free pizza (to snack on, not intended to be an All-You-Can-Eat buffet) to reward those that stay until the end.

The later start also gives our sellers a chance to set up their displays before being swarmed by buyers. Many of the sellers will often have to make a half dozen or more trips to get all their stuff inside, and early buyers can congest the area and make setup difficult.

If anyone has any suggestions to help the club, or changes you'd like to see, be sure to talk to anyone in the club leadership. Everyone is also invited to share their thoughts with us during the directors meeting after the pizza. Board meetings are always open to everyone, we have no secrets. We are YOUR club, and the club leadership encourages you all to share your ideas and feedback (positive AND negative) to make this club a success for all involved.

And officer elections are coming up soon, so if you want to help your club out even more, please volunteer to join the leadership.

Wiscojim
(Jim Menning)

PostPosted: Jan Sun 15, 2017 5:53 am 

Per our contract with the knights of Columbus, we have the venue starting at 7am. Everyone is welcome to start setting up at 7. The swap meet officially starts at 8, as Jim has so elaborately explained.

Thanks all and I'll see you tomorrow!

Nick Tillich
WARCI President

PostPosted: Jan Wed 18, 2017 8:59 pm 

How was the show? Did the new rules work?

PostPosted: Jan Sun 22, 2017 4:24 am 

Like a good guy I showed up at 7:55 and the room was full of buyers. No idea how early they were let in. A little disappointed.

PostPosted: Jan Sun 22, 2017 5:13 am 

not surprising

PostPosted: Jan Tue 24, 2017 4:07 am 

bullseyeguyz wrote:
How was the show? Did the new rules work?

Pictures are up!

http://warci.org/january-15th-2017-meeting-photos/

I think we had a good turnout for January. I didn't hear any complaints at the meet about the later opening time, which was requested by many of our regulars throughout 2016.

We had a great turnout of buyers, and I got to meet a lot of new faces including a couple of new members, and some I haven't seen in years! We had a few less sellers than last year, but the last minute change of venue was confusing for some. I'm looking forward to March when we'll be back at the Terminal!

PostPosted: Jan Tue 24, 2017 4:11 am 

forumuser wrote:
Like a good guy I showed up at 7:55 and the room was full of buyers. No idea how early they were let in. A little disappointed.

Hi forumuser,

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed. The doors open at 7AM for seller setup, per our advertisements. This opening time will be the same for all of our Milwaukee-area meets. I understand the frustration, but at this time we cannot actively police the sellers to prevent buying before the 'start time', as all of our volunteers are busy setting up their own tables or helping out in other capacities. It is up to the sellers to enforce the 8AM start time, some of whom do a very good job at this, others, not so much.

I will make a point to bring this up at the next board meeting. Thanks for your input!