Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Sun 30, 2017 11:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: CHRS at Treasure Island- this weekend! 1/28-1/29
PostPosted: Jan Thu 26, 2017 6:26 pm 

Ever wonder where all of these radios go?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=312774

These and many more will be at this weekend's Treasure Island antiques show, right in the middle of the Bay Bridge. We will have around 45-50 table sets, a number of consoles, record players, and whatever else we manage to fit in the trailer. The show starts at 10:00 AM and goes for both days this weekend.

So come on out and see us and make sure to head on over the the brewery over on the other side of the island when you're done.

http://www.treasureislandflea.com/

Post subject: Re: CHRS at Treasure Island- this weekend! 1/28-1/29
PostPosted: Feb Thu 02, 2017 11:52 pm 

How did you do Bob?
Did the Club make bank on this??
Phil

Post subject: Re: CHRS at Treasure Island- this weekend! 1/28-1/29
PostPosted: Feb Fri 03, 2017 7:37 pm 

We did fine. My goal is always to try and at least make the bare minimum it costs to keep the building operating, and luckily that did happen. MOST of the sales were of cheap plastic sets to the order of $30-$50 each, and to make it worthwhile a LOT of them have to be restored for each show. Its not worth going unless there are at least 35-40 AA5 sets.

As usual the 50's mid century consoles sold easily. I wish we somehow came across a stash of these things because they often sell for more than a damned truckload of AA5's and thus less efforts involved.

So now the "supply" of sets is gone way down. People really do not like plain white and brown sets and so that is all I have left. Might be time to get out the spray paint because the brightly colored sets sell pretty easily.