Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Fri 20, 2017 3:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wisconsin Antique Radio Club Swap Meet September 17, 2017
PostPosted: Sep Fri 01, 2017 4:44 pm 

Wisconsin Antique Radio Club Swap Meet September 17, 2017

http://warci.org/

As a thank you to our members and to the general public who support the club, WARCI is happy to announce that there will be no seller's fee for this meet. Coupled with free admission and free parking, you'll only need to bring money for buying radios!

General Meet Information

Location: The Terminal, 5917 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207

Weather permitting, the swap meet will be held outdoors. Vendor setup outdoors may start earlier than 8:00 AM. If the weather forces us inside, the doors open at 8:00 AM for vendor setup and for buyers to enter. The flea market starts at 8:00 AM, announcements are held at 10:30 AM followed by the donation auction and free pizza (usually around 11:00). Each meet will vary slightly, so check out the monthly flyer for more information!

As typical of most swap meets, the items are for sale by individual collectors, and most are one-of-a-kind. So for best selection (and the best deals), BE EARLY! But please stay around and get to meet some of the club members. These swap meets are a great way to connect with other local collectors that share your interests. By socializing at the meets you can find others that may have what you are looking for, radios & parts, people that can service your radios, and you can make some good friends.

Tables will be provided for indoor use only and are first-come, first-serve. It is recommended that you bring your own tables.

WARCI is also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsi ... 0503344505

WARCI is proud to offer our members and guests the largest number of club events of any Midwest area antique radio club. This year we offer 9 swap events on our schedule. The remaining WARCI event calendar for 2017 is shown below.

WARCI Milwaukee Swap Meet
September 17 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
The Terminal, 5917 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207

WARCI Milwaukee Swap Meet
November 5 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
The Terminal, 5917 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207

Post subject: Re: Wisconsin Antique Radio Club Swap Meet September 17, 201
PostPosted: Sep Sat 16, 2017 10:54 am 

Looks like decent weather.

Attachment:
wea.jpg
wea.jpg [ 56.13 KiB | Viewed 413 times ]

PostPosted: Sep Sun 17, 2017 2:59 am 

The car is loaded with little room to spare. It's a good thing I backed into the driveway because I can't see out of my rear window.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! Since the weather is looking good for the meet, we'll be selling up front at the Landmark. I've attached a parking map below:

Don't forget, the meet is completely free for buying and selling, so if you've got even one item to sell, bring it along!

PostPosted: Sep Sun 17, 2017 3:39 am 

Guess it's time to go to bed, gotta get up early for the trip to Milwaukee!

See you guys!

PostPosted: Sep Mon 18, 2017 2:12 pm 

It was a good swapfest. The cloudy weather made being on the asphalt pleasant. The threat of rain held off. And best of all I was able to sell 5 of the 7 radios I brought with me.

PostPosted: Oct Mon 02, 2017 1:03 am 

Photos from the September 17th event are now up on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/33390050334450 ... =3&theater