Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sun 17, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: So How Was Kutztown???!!
PostPosted: Sep Sun 17, 2017 12:08 am 

I think this one was clearly better than the last but of course the weather deigned to cooperate!

What do you guys think: I'm noticing an increase in vintage Hi fidelity equipment and 60-70 television and less in early radio. In fact I didn't see a single AK breadboard! A friend i was talking to from the New Jersey club remarked he thought it was a bit of a generational shift. I suppose that's probably it. What do you other guys notice??

I sold a couple sweet prewar German radios and a nice GE Locomotive plus some test gear and picked up an awesome B&O turntable for the HH Scott tube amp I recently restored. How'd you guys make out?

George

Post subject: Re: So How Was Kutztown???!!
PostPosted: Sep Sun 17, 2017 9:45 pm 

Overall, it went pretty well for me. My big find (in more ways than one) was a T-195 military-grade shortwave transmitter, which should go nicely with my R-392 receiver as the AN/GRC-19 set. Now, I just need to find a Jeep like this one to go with it. :lol:

In addition, I picked up a Realistic DX-440 shortwave portable, a couple of nice-looking microphones, a Simon game, a quad of Mullard-made EL84 tubes, several records, a bunch of turntable accessories, a Yamaha FB-01 MIDI synthesizer module, and various odds and ends. I agree that there was a fair amount of hi-fi gear, but it's still very much an antique radio swap-meet.
-Adam

http://www.electronixandmore.com/adam/index.html

PostPosted: Sep Tue 19, 2017 1:53 pm 

Could one of the moderators combine all these fall Kutztown threads? There are now 6 of them for this one show already.

PostPosted: Sep Sat 23, 2017 3:56 am 

After a decade of threatening to attend, we finally made it and had a blast. Eva said that of all the antique shows/markets/events we've been thru over the decades, Kutztown was the nicest, friendliest, most chill people she's seen.

Aside from the camaraderie, here is the #1 reason to go:

https://renningers.net/index.php/main-l ... ady-bakery

The Boston cream pie is amazing! Seriously, check this woman out before the DEA shuts her down.

Other than that, we bought some random stuff. Scored a sweet prewar German radio and a nice GE Locomotive from some dude. Got a Martian Little Gem, always wanted one. Also got an AK table radio that's made of more steel than most small cars.

Far and away the best, though, is meeting people face-to-face for the first time that I've known for many years. And seeing other old friends and acquaintances that make for a special event. Good chance we'll be back next year!