Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Tue 18, 2018 6:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mow vs Blow - SCARS Auction
PostPosted: Feb Sun 18, 2018 6:24 am 

FStephenMasek wrote:
Yep, 8,000 square feet is a large lot.

Amazing. My place is 90,000 sq feet. A hair over 2 acres. And I think about it as being small.
John k9uwa

PostPosted: Feb Sun 18, 2018 2:00 pm 

k9uwa wrote:
FStephenMasek wrote:

Amazing.

I agree it is amazing what some people consider a large lot. I have owned several houses in southern California and a 6,000 - 8,000 sq ft lot was considered to be a standard, albeit small, lot...a little under 1/5 of an acre! The last house that I owned in California (Simi Valley) had an over 150,000 sq ft (3.5 acres) lot. That was a large lot. Then again when I lived there, a quarter acre lot in southern California used to be allowed to be listed as a "ranch"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Feb Sun 18, 2018 4:26 pm 

radioterry wrote:
k9uwa wrote:
FStephenMasek wrote:

Amazing.

I agree it is amazing what some people consider a large lot. I have owned several houses in southern California and a 6,000 - 8,000 sq ft lot was considered to be a standard, albeit small, lot...a little under 1/5 of an acre! The last house that I owned in California (Simi Valley) had an over 150,000 sq ft (3.5 acres) lot. That was a large lot. Then again when I lived there, a quarter acre lot in southern California used to be allowed to be listed as a "ranch"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope I never have to ReRoof my house. It takes 6600 square feet of Shingles to roof my house. Yes it has a fair amount
of overhang based on sun angle to heat during the winter and not heat during the summer. It is what we in the midwest call a Ranch Style Home. Sixty feet of the south facing 130 foot wall is floor to ceiling glass. Yes the house is quite efficient to heat and cool.
John k9uwa

PostPosted: Feb Sun 18, 2018 5:54 pm 

You should see the Villages in central Florida. Already 140,000 people there and they are growing and growing. The local newspaper showed 6,900 new homes planned for one area and 4,xxx in another. Have purchased enormous tracts of land and road widening is underway. The American Dream, or they "took paradise and made it a parking lot." This on the heels of what that damn mouse did to central Florida. Understand they start 22 homes a day and complete 200 a month. The traffic is horrendous and these homes are very close together, I have been told 6 to an acre. Many cookie cutter areas. Interestingly the STD/VD rate in the Villages is reportedly the highest in the US. The Cougars are out in full force, but you can regret your decisions, in more ways than one.

PostPosted: Feb Sun 18, 2018 7:29 pm 

Joezenithman wrote:
...I have been told 6 to an acre...

You could put 5 "large" California lots in 1 acre! :lol: