Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Mon 10, 2018 5:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Minnesota - NARC Radio Daze - May 18-19, 2018
PostPosted: Apr Thu 12, 2018 5:09 pm 

Radio Daze 2018, hosted by the Northland Antique Radio Club, will be held May 18-19, 2018 at the Comfort Inn of Plymouth, 3000 Harbor Lane, Plymouth, Minnesota 55447. This will be our 32nd annual Radio Daze event and the 21st year at this location. We hold a very enjoyable auction Friday evening, usually with around 200 vintage radios consigned. Frank Rasada comes every year to be our auctioneer, and we have an experienced crew of knowledgeable radio collectors that keep the auction moving. The outdoor swap meet starts at dawn Saturday morning in the hotel parking lot, the hospitality room with free snacks opens at 7am, contest item entry is 11 to 11:45 am. The program starts at 2pm and this year we are excited that CBS/WCCO radio personality John Hines will be there to tell about his 40-plus years in broadcasting. An abundance of door prizes wraps up the meet.

The Pavek Museum http://www.pavekmuseum.org/ has free admission during the meet to those registered for Radio Daze. The museum is located a few miles away from the hotel, so many collectors go there on Friday, before the auction gets going at the hotel, to view their wonderful collection and to possibly buy something from the museum's annual garage sale.

Details are on the Northland Antique Radio Club website: http://www.northlandantiqueradioclub.com/
We hope you can make it!

Post subject: Re: Minnesota - NARC Radio Daze - May 18-19, 2018
PostPosted: May Fri 11, 2018 7:03 pm 

One week to go and the weather forecast looks good!

PostPosted: May Thu 24, 2018 8:48 pm 

Things fell to pieces on me and I was unable to make it this year. Was really looking forward to it. :cry:

PostPosted: May Fri 25, 2018 1:37 am 

rmileham wrote:
Things fell to pieces on me and I was unable to make it this year. Was really looking forward to it. :cry:

Russ, I'm sorry to hear you had problems making it this year. I know you were there last year when it rained, but this year the weather was good and the swap meet was the largest it's been in quite a few years. We've already talked to the hotel about next year and will post next year's date on our website as soon as the hotel confirms it. http://www.northlandantiqueradioclub.com