Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Mon 18, 2017 11:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Glen Campbell
PostPosted: Aug Wed 09, 2017 8:26 pm 

Dutch Rabbit wrote:
I bought this 45 record when I was in 1st grade at the National Record Mart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsokkO0o3bw

sorry to see him go.

steve

Great song.40 years ago.After probably getting bored with pop rock/disco at the time .1977 was the first year that I started listening to country music.It was rough in school as a teen with friends and others enjoyed hard rock and roll tunes.I was country when country wasn't cool like the Barbara Mandrell song. Glen was one of alot of true country artists and bands at the time that introduced me to country music.

PostPosted: Aug Wed 09, 2017 9:35 pm 

Very sad. :( He was a great musician! Funny, I was just thinking about how he was doing the other day. But always remember, the Wichita Lineman is still on the line..and always will be! :wink:

PostPosted: Aug Mon 21, 2017 2:49 am 

Hello All---sorry so late in posting...

Have always liked his music...

My sister became a big fan of his as a little girl and got most of his albums back in the late '60's. In later years she became a musician (drummer) and got a degree in Broadcasting---she's a very talented girl and had jobs on both coasts as a DJ and played with several small bands... She finally met Glen at a concert, became friends with his manager and some of his family and still keeps in touch with via e-mail & Facebook. She just reminded me that she took the glovebox door from her '67 Catalina convertible and had him autograph it years ago...

If you're ever on I-64 in S. Indiana near the Illinois border, stop in at the Red Wagon restaurant at the Poseyville exit. She has a display on loan there with one of his old costumes from the Rhinestone Cowboy era and an autographed guitar (which he played for her when she took it to him to have it signed)...

Lots of neat stories through the years---very sad he had to go through what he did...

John

PostPosted: Aug Mon 21, 2017 3:03 am 

xrhonda91 wrote:
Hello All---sorry so late in posting...

Have always liked his music...

My sister became a big fan of his as a little girl and got most of his albums back in the late '60's. In later years she became a musician (drummer) and got a degree in Broadcasting---she's a very talented girl and had jobs on both coasts as a DJ and played with several small bands... She finally met Glen at a concert, became friends with his manager and some of his family and still keeps in touch with via e-mail & Facebook. She just reminded me that she took the glovebox door from her '67 Catalina convertible and had him autograph it years ago...

If you're ever on I-64 in S. Indiana near the Illinois border, stop in at the Red Wagon restaurant at the Poseyville exit. She has a display on loan there with one of his old costumes from the Rhinestone Cowboy era and an autographed guitar (which he played for her when she took it to him to have it signed)...

Lots of neat stories through the years---very sad he had to go through what he did...

John

Wow! That's cool! And it truly is...