Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sun 17, 2017 3:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help to transfer iPhone music to pc?
PostPosted: Oct Fri 27, 2017 9:51 am 

I am new to iPhone and downloaded a lot of music via an app. How can I move them to my Windows computer? I can't see the music folder when iPhone 8 connected to PC.

Post subject: Re: Need help to transfer iPhone music to pc?
PostPosted: Oct Sat 28, 2017 5:05 pm 

Location: Gold Country, (Stanislaus National Forest) California 95235
ministings wrote:
I am new to iPhone and downloaded a lot of music via an app. How can I move them to my Windows computer? I can't see the music folder when iPhone 8 connected to PC.
If you bought them, or they are tagged as iTunes you'll have to go through that program if your music license for the iTunes tagged songs includes a provision that allows multiple devices.

Otherwise - even though you can get cracker programs just about anywhere - bu the time you set them up and sync the devices - it's usually simpler and easier just to Torrent/Gnutella all your content over your favorite BitTorrent client.

In the future you might think of acquiring your content on the PC first and then uploading it to your phone. Much easier and then you have both the PC backup as well as the cloud backup.

PostPosted: Oct Sun 29, 2017 12:00 am 

You should get the PC to recognize input from the iPhone thru the USB cord. My phone asks me if I trust my computer.
The answer is no, but say yes to get the files to open. :lol:

PostPosted: Oct Mon 30, 2017 7:12 am 

ndiamone wrote:
ministings wrote:
If you bought them, or they are tagged as iTunes you'll have to go through that program if your music license for the iTunes tagged songs includes a provision that allows multiple devices.

Otherwise - even though you can get cracker programs just about anywhere - bu the time you set them up and sync the devices - it's usually simpler and easier just to Torrent/Gnutella all your content over your favorite BitTorrent client.

In the future you might think of acquiring your content on the PC first and then uploading it to your phone. Much easier and then you have both the PC backup as well as the cloud backup.

Thanks for the advice. I will do that as you said. However, the music is not purchased from iTunes.

PostPosted: Oct Mon 30, 2017 7:26 am 

I use a PC and get my music off Youtube.
There's a site called youtube2mp3.com
Or search google for others.
You find the music video you want on Youtube then copy the address.
Then paste that address into the youtube2mp3 site's window.
Then it will strip off the video and let you download the mp3 music file.
I also then run the mp3 file through another utility called Mp3gain.. a free pgm.
It will analyze the db levels and if you want it will set them all at 87db.
A very nice utility.
I've save hundreds of great jazz tunes this way for a large personal mp3 library.

Then I copy them from my PC to my mp3 player (Sandisk sansa clip)
Then I plug my Mp3 player into my HIFI 6V6 tube amp and set the player on shuffle and listen for hours.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 04, 2017 2:43 am 

Pbpix wrote:
I use a PC and get my music off Youtube.
There's a site called youtube2mp3.com
Or search google for others.
A very nice utility.
I've save hundreds of great jazz tunes this way for a large personal mp3 library.

Then I copy them from my PC to my mp3 player (Sandisk sansa clip)
Then I plug my Mp3 player into my HIFI 6V6 tube amp and set the player on shuffle and listen for hours.

it is really a good suggestion. I will use the website for music downloading in future. However, the thing is a bit difference for iPhone. Unlike MP3 player or Android, there is no way to find the music folder when connecting the device to computer. That is the real problem.

Last edited by ministings on Nov Mon 13, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 04, 2017 8:18 am 

ministings wrote:

it is really a good suggestion. I will use the website for music downloading in future. However, the thing is a bit difference for iPhone. Unlike MP3 player or Android, there is no way to find the music folder when connecting the device to computer. That is the real problem.

Sucks to be limited like that by Apple ...doesn't it?
I knew there were many reasons to continue to keep my distance from Apple products.
Even back in the early computer days.. I was a value-added re-seller (1990 to 2000) of both PCs and Macs... but Macs were always much more costly and everything was always locked-up by Apple, and they kept their cards too close to the chest.
.. so they always controlled everything limiting the flexibility.

My customers quickly realized they could easily get any PC to do the same application tasks for 1/2 the price and also have plenty of extra business-wide future flexibility.
A no brainer.

People who insisted on buying Mac computers back then were called "Mac-heads"; and these are the same silly folks today, STILL tossing big money away on stupid, costly iPhones with the same kind of purposely limited flexibility for Apple's advantage.
And now .. when the same features and more flexibility are just as easily found on Android phones ... and for way lots less money why do people throw money away on Apple products?? !!!

Just let the world facts speak for themselves:

ref: ( https://9to5mac.com/2016/08/18/android- ... ket-share/ )
As of the second quarter of 2015, Apple held a 14.6 percent share of the worldwide smartphone market. ... According to the data, Android and iOS now account for a combined 99 percent of the worldwide smartphone operating system market. Android holds 86.2 percent of the market, up from 82.2 percent in the year-ago quarter.

REF: ( https://www.idc.com/promo/smartphone-market-share/os )
Android:
The discussion around Android's share of the smartphone market became irrelevant a few years back when it became clear that devices running Google's OS would continue to capture roughly 85% of the worldwide smartphone volume.