Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Wed 17, 2014 4:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Forum Section
PostPosted: Aug Sat 19, 2000 4:13 am 

Alan,<P>What does the moderator do?<P>I hope this new forum will be a success!<P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Aug Sat 19, 2000 4:55 pm 

Breaking out TVs was a cool idea, Alan. But does the potential moderator know that he/she has to extract all the TV-related posts from the other forum sections and move them here?<P>If you ever decide to set aside a test and measurement equipment forum, I'd love to moderate it for you. However, I'm sitting at home with two VCRs and five TVs, all of which have problems and all of which I will pitch or give away before attempting repairs. I HATE TVs -- because they hate me! <P>------------------<BR>

PostPosted: Aug Mon 21, 2000 7:31 pm 

Hi Alan,<BR> I'm sure this new forum will be well received and fill a need for TV collectors.<BR>Vintage TV collecting seems to have been enjoyed for many years in the UK, their service started in 1936.<BR>Although size can be a problem with collecting TV sets (similar to console radios) it's been such a significant influence in the last half of the twentieth century they should be preserved and are an interesting collection.<BR>I'm sure Erich will be a terrific choice for moderator with his expertise in Television if he's willing to take on the job. In fact the members of these forums are so civilized (!) that the forums just about run themselves, credit to Alan for making them run so well.<BR>I don't know how many of you use the facility but if you want to find a particular subject or posting the search facility on the forum works so very well. Just type in the key words and it quickly examines all the forums in a few moments. If the moderator did want to get all past TV discussions and transfer them here it should make finding them very easy. It's probably not necessary as new topics will become the dominant ones in a short time.<BR> Don Black.<P>------------------<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Don Black (edited 08-21-2000).]

PostPosted: Aug Sun 27, 2000 11:35 pm 

What do you have to do for moderator?im intrested<P>------------------<BR>DAVE

PostPosted: Sep Fri 01, 2000 1:30 am 

Welcome, Randy! I don't know diddly about television other than what's on ABC on some nights. If you need any help here, well ... give Alan a call.<P>Dean<BR><P>------------------<BR>