Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jan Sun 22, 2017 7:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Tech-Master NIB TV Kit #5516
PostPosted: Jan Fri 06, 2017 6:06 am 

Tom Schulz wrote:
I noticed in your last photo of the screen that you have some black showing at the edges of the screen. CRT TV sets are designed to over scan, at least a little. The idea is that a momentary dip in line voltage should not cause any black to show at the edges. Perhaps you are trying to reduce the width too much. Just how much too wide is the picture? If you have other CRT TVs, how does it compare with the other sets?

Tom,
The over scan is several inches on each side.

Hmmm, I haven't checked the other 2 TV's that I have that are working. I'll check them tomorrow.

I'm thinking of trying to round up another CRT, perhaps a 17" one. We'll see.

Post subject: Re: Tech-Master NIB TV Kit #5516
PostPosted: Jan Fri 06, 2017 6:09 am 

Audioman wrote:
I think that reducing the screen grid voltage on the horizontal output tube is the way I would go. It will reduce the current through the tube and flyback and I would not use the sleve. same results smaller width and unfortunately the hv wil go down too but as I stated lower current is a good thing lower temperature on components and no metal under the yoke for it to arc to and ruin the yoke.

I did try increasing that resistor. I'll keep that in mind as the way to go. Reduction of current would be a good thing.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 222 posts ]  Moderators: 7jp4-guy, Mr. Detrola Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12