Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Thu 24, 2017 5:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1967 Magnavox Imperial Astro Sonic Home Theater with Remote
PostPosted: Jan Thu 12, 2017 8:25 pm 

I need some help!!
I just bought a 1967 Magnavox Imperial Astro Sonic (Agean-Model) Home Theater with Phantom Remote Control!! The AM/FM Stereo & Turntable & Remote Control Work's but the TV don't work!!
I have to pick it up yet!! This Console came from a Non Smoking Home & the console look's like it wasn't used very much there is no Wear at all on the Faceplate!! The Rear of the Picture Tube light's up!! This was there Top of Line Model that is Solid Pecan Wood with not a Scratch on it with (2) Front Slidding Door's to hide the Picture!!
Where do I start on to get the TV back in running Condition!! It has all the Manual's & Paperwork for this Model!!
The Back has never been off of it!!
It hasn't been plugged in for year's!!
I was born in 1951 & want to get it all up & Running with all the Original Component's!! I won't throw away any of Histroy!! I'm positive it was well taken care of!!

Ron
So does anyone have any answer's where to start at for the (25"-Picture-Tube)!!

Post subject: Re: 1967 Magnavox Imperial Astro Sonic Home Theater with Rem
PostPosted: Jan Fri 13, 2017 1:53 am 

I would start by testing the CRT (picture tube) and if its a good tube then obtain the SAMS service manual. These are the first two steps that I feel are deal breakers in restoring a set. Also its doubtful you will be successful at saving the all the original components. Fortunately there are procedures you can use to hide new components inside the old components.