Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sun 17, 2017 9:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I really REALLY want a Philco Predicta Tandem
PostPosted: Mar Wed 08, 2017 3:42 am 

and i didnt really mean they were inneficient, i was mostly making a joke :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Nov Sun 12, 2017 4:03 am 

bandersen wrote:
That's nuttin' I have around 100 right now - many in storage. Just finished moving to a new house and am busy setting up a workshop. I'll be selling them as I restore them. I expect it will take many years to do them all.

Do you happen to have a blonde stereo tandem? I am still missing that model from my collection.

PostPosted: Nov Sun 12, 2017 4:14 am 

Eric H wrote:
After the Continental I think The Pedestal model (nicknamed the barber pole) is the most desirable of the 21" sets.

I picked this one up on eBay from a local, got it and a Holiday for $300.
It was in rough shape, CRT was bad, missing some knobs, the finish was shot and the screen cover was cracked but the cabinet itself was in great shape, I knew I'd never have a better shot at one local to me so I went for it.

I found a CRT on eBay, took the screen cover and knobs from a Holiday I already had, refinished the cabinet and restored the chassis, the total investment is still less than I could buy most unrestored examples for, and I have a Holiday left over. 8)

Your pedestal predicta came out nice. I couldn't help noticing the vintage compact and magic disc in the background. Does your model have the rca-whirlpool powerhead too?

PostPosted: Nov Sun 12, 2017 9:09 am 

Hi-Fi in Fiberglass wrote:
Your pedestal predicta came out nice. I couldn't help noticing the vintage compact and magic disc in the background. Does your model have the rca-whirlpool powerhead too?

That Vacuum was missing the attachments and I wound up returning it to the Thrift store from where it came.

PostPosted: Nov Mon 13, 2017 12:23 am 

Do you happen to have a blonde stereo tandem? I am still missing that model from my collection.

No, I've only seen one ever and he wanted something like 2 grand for it so I had to pass.

PostPosted: Nov Sun 19, 2017 2:06 am 

Mercury78, Pm sent, check your inbox.

PostPosted: Nov Sun 19, 2017 5:09 pm 

bandersen wrote:

No, I've only seen one ever and he wanted something like 2 grand for it so I had to pass.

Yeah,people tend to ask crazy money on a lot of things. There's one missing the legs and they guy wants $1,200 for it. The monitor looks like it came from another set too because the base is walnut and the cabinet is blonde

PostPosted: Nov Sun 19, 2017 5:11 pm 

Eric H wrote:

That Vacuum was missing the attachments and I wound up returning it to the Thrift store from where it came.

Those are pretty common,so you likely could have found attachments eventually. I've never heard of a thrift store that accepted returns. That's amazing. I could imagine that would wind up being a nightmare since everything is used.

PostPosted: Nov Mon 20, 2017 8:46 pm 

Eric H wrote:

Those are pretty common,so you likely could have found attachments eventually. I've never heard of a thrift store that accepted returns. That's amazing. I could imagine that would wind up being a nightmare since everything is used.

I returned it by donating it back, I didn't give much for it and they don't do refunds.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 29 posts ]  Moderators: 7jp4-guy, Mr. Detrola Go to page Previous  1, 2