Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Mon 18, 2017 9:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Motorola 17T21 RF or IF Overloading LARGE IMAGES
PostPosted: Nov Sun 26, 2017 11:41 pm 

thomas13202 wrote:
i think a b&k television analyst would help you locate the trouble in short order. you can inject a video signal into the video output tube and work your way back till you find the stage with the problem. then voltage and resistance measurements will locate the bad component. that is if it is a problem in the video circuit. the same can be done with the sync circuits. this is the way i learned to troubleshoot a tv. personally i wouldnt attempt to troubleshoot a tv without one.

when making a probe for your oscope i would try to stick to the component values of the original probe as close as possible.

this tv is giving you a baptism by fire. once you fix this you should be able to fix anything. just remember just throwing new components in with no particular reason never was and never will be a substitute for proper troubleshooting procedure. the tv books you mentioned should explain the logical step by step procedure for troubleshooting.

i have never tried to use an oscope to troubleshoot so i can not advise about that. good luck and keep us posted as to progress.

does the tearing start right away or does the set have to warm up first? if the set has to warm up awhile before the tearing appears it could be some kind of thermal problem. spraying the resistors and condensers one at a time with freeze spray in the video and sync sections might help locate the problem.

went to edit my origional post and some how i posted this twice. please remove this copy of my post moderator as i dont know how

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 161 posts ]  Moderators: 7jp4-guy, Mr. Detrola Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9