Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Oct Sat 20, 2018 2:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP Identify 1980s FERGUSON models - Show us YOUR "FERGIES"
PostPosted: Apr Tue 24, 2018 1:09 am 

Hey everyone, I'm back with another batch of images to investigate.

Backstory: Myself and a friend are studying the film ALIENS from 1986 which was shot at Pinewood Studios in Iver through 1985-1986. Through a lot of digging we have come up with info that the reject mouldings the set dressers got from a factory in Slough and/or High Wycombe were that of FERGUSON brand television cabinets.

We have since been able to identify several models that were used (or at least used the same style cabinets) as set dressing for the film. We would like to identify more

We have spotted the rear cabinet from the Ferguson 37100/37350 models, the rear cabinet from Ferguson 37140, and the front control panels from the Ferguson 37800C/37801C as well as the front control panel of a Ferguson 20A2.

Please, show us photos of your 1980s FERGUSON televisions, FRONT, REAR and if possible TOP and SIDES. Please tell us what model your TVs are, as well as screen size (12 in., 16 in., 20 in. etc...)

Additionally, please have a look at the attached image collages. Some have specific coloured dots to distinguish them. This is our system for reference. There are a few unique looking cabinets, perhaps you may recognize them.

TV Collage:
ImageIsolated TV Rear Cabinet Catalogue by Melissa K, on Flickr

PINK TV Continued:
ImagePINK TV Newts Den by Melissa K, on Flickr

Also note the GREEN and PINK cabinets may in fact be the same.
You may need to click/save the image to view it in its full size.

I only have a photo from a brochure for the Ferguson 20A2 20 inch TV which only shows the front. I'm very interested to see more photos of this particular model!