Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Fri 15, 2017 2:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Montgomery Ward Airline Radio 62-2714 volume issues
PostPosted: Nov Tue 07, 2017 12:57 am 

Hi guys,

We have inherited an antique Montgomery Ward airline radio from my boyfriend's parents who swear up and down the thing works. They have used in in years past as a record player, but when we turn it on, while the record plays, the sound is almost inaudible and sounds as though the sounds is only coming from the turntable itself. I'm a fair tinkerer, but I don't want to start messing with this radio and make things worse since it is a family heirloom. The only thing I can immediately tell looks wrong is the cord marked 30 ohms is disconnected in the middle, but I'm thinking this may be an issue with the speaker itself. Any ideas? I haven't been able to find anyone even remotely in our area, but I would really love to be able to get the radio fixed by christmas for the boyfriend. Any and all advice are greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Montgomery Ward Airline Radio 62-2714 volume issues
PostPosted: Nov Thu 09, 2017 5:55 am 

You might want to read through this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=77242

If you are not experienced with servicing tube electronics, I recommend that you find a local hobbyist who can help you to check out this unit. If you want it to be a functional piece of gear it is going to need a considerable amount of work invested in it to make it safe and reliable... regardless of its present operational status.