Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Sun 17, 2017 9:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Atwater Kent F-4 speaker hanging bracket?
PostPosted: Nov Sat 25, 2017 6:09 pm 

My A-K 55C console is missing its original speaker mounting board and grille cloth, and the proper F-4 speaker was replaced at some point with a mid-1930's type dynamic speaker (not even an Atwater Kent one, at that).

I want to put the correct speaker in the radio when I make a new mounting board, and have found one on EBay that only needs some cone tears repaired (been there, done that).

It looks like the mount on the F-4 consists of a single wide tab on one edge of the basket, with a pair of slots in it, as though it was meant to simply hang. Obviously, I do not have the hanger/hook bracket that mounts in the cabinet.

Could someone please post some good detailed photos of what this bracket looks like, and maybe some dimensions? I work in a machine shop, and even have a small milling machine at home, so I could probably fabricate a new one, but I'd like it to be as close to the original as I can get (even though nobody will see it unless they look inside the cabinet and know what they are looking for), if for no other reason than proper functionality.

Thanks in advance! :)

Post subject: Re: Atwater Kent F-4 speaker hanging bracket?
PostPosted: Nov Sat 25, 2017 10:16 pm 

Never mind - I found one on EBay, complete with screws, for a reasonable price.