Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Fri 15, 2017 2:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: late 1920's grill cloth pattern?
PostPosted: Nov Mon 27, 2017 2:20 am 

Now that the electronics are working properly in my Atwater Kent Model 55 console, I can focus on making a new speaker mounting board (the original is missing).

The board itself should be easy enough: just a piece of 5/8" plywood cut to size, drilled for screws, and with the F-4 speaker's mounting hardware attached. However, since the speaker mounting board is missing...so is any and all trace of the original grille cloth.

The cabinet itself isn't marked as to who made it. What I want to find, is some new-made grille cloth that would be appropriate for a late 1920's console. One that isn't indicative of any particular brand (unless it's specifically Atwater Kent! :D ), but that doesn't scream "1930's!".

Can someone point me to some appropriate patterns? I don't know enough about antique radios to be able to tell a 1920's appropriate pattern from a 1930's one, and I want to do this right and have it look good, and look CORRECT.