Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently May Wed 24, 2017 1:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: HP 606A Signal Generator Cabinet
PostPosted: May Sat 20, 2017 12:12 am 

Not really sure if this belongs in this forum or in CABINET RESTORATION. If it's the wrong one I apologize.

Hewlett Packard 606A signal generator. I have one of the early ones (S/N 038-XXXXX series) and its cabinet is a tan/brown color. I also have another (S/N 417-XXXXX series) and its cabinet is a bluish grey color. The blue/grey one is one generation before they switched over to the 606B and its cabinet is a lighter gauge metal than the older one.

Does anyone have a later 606A and is your cabinet a bluish grey? It looks like mine may have been repainted. By the way, the front panel on both are the same grey color.

Post subject: Re: HP 606A Signal Generator Cabinet
PostPosted: May Sat 20, 2017 2:11 pm 

My 434-prefix, a later production 606A, has the blue/gray cabinet. I think there were at least one or two 606A prefixes manufactured after 434-.

PostPosted: May Sat 20, 2017 9:50 pm 

Hi OM,

Thanks for weighing in on this for me! I am trying to restore a later model 606A and the
cabinet is pretty awful. However I wanted to preserve its originality and it looks like it was
a bluish grey (or greyish blue) color but wanted to confirm it with someone else because the only 606As
I have ever seen have been older ones with the brownish tan cabinet. I appreciate your help. 73.

PostPosted: May Mon 22, 2017 9:04 pm 

I have two of them; one in a brown enclosure and one in blue/grey. If you'd like, I can excavate them and get their respective serial numbers for you...

-Pat