Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jul Tue 17, 2018 6:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Accurate Instruments 156 Genometer Help Needed
PostPosted: Jul Thu 12, 2018 6:00 am 

I'm getting into the radio restoration hobby and would like to focus on pre WW2 radios. My current project is restoring an Accurate Instruments 156 Genometer. I have successfully restored and calibrated an Eico 667 Tube tester and an Eico 249 VTVM. I also have fixed up a General Radio metered variac and wired up an isolation transformer.

I need help finding the schematics and/or manual for the Accurate Instruments 156 Genometer. I looked a long time on the web for this information and cannot find it anywhere. Does someone have a copy of the schematic/manual in their collection? I would really like to restore this instrument. I can replace the out of spec caps and resistors (assuming that the right parts were installed by the last guy who was in the cabinet) but I would like to confirm the bill of material and schematic. Of course, I would really like some more information on how to use the tool and how to calibrate it.

Please let me know if you have a schematic and/or manual for the 156 Genometer.

Thanks so much for your help!

Dave

Post subject: Re: Accurate Instruments 156 Genometer Help Needed
PostPosted: Jul Thu 12, 2018 8:19 am 

At one point Accurate Instruments and Superior Instruments were intertwined. Superior, under their label, had a TV-50/50A Geometer. Maybe they're one and the same, or pretty close.

PostPosted: Jul Thu 12, 2018 5:22 pm 

As stated the Superior TV-50 should be the same.
http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/superior/

Dave

PostPosted: Jul Fri 13, 2018 7:01 am 

I don't know what the heck is going on with the 156. I don't know if it has been modified or ???. The tubes are different from the both the TV50 and TB50a. The component values are very different. I have to make the schematic on my instrument, but it looks to be significantly different from the TV50 and TV50a on the BAMA site.

I'll let you know post more later this weekend. It will take a couple of hours to figure this out.

Dave

PostPosted: Jul Sat 14, 2018 3:49 am 

Hello All,
I have a TV-50 and I don't have a lot of good things to say about it.
Poor build quality tons of surplus parts that don't match the schematic, I never did get the RF section to work but the audio output does but isn't very stable. I don't presently work on TVs so I don't know if the markers and bars work .
I finally gave up because I couldn't figure out the schematic. I may make a transmitter out of it there is a write up on the Web on how to do it, but then again I would have to get the RF working! OH well round and round the mulberry bush I guess :roll:
Anyway good luck with your genometer I wound up buying a couple clough brengle sig gens repaired them and they are great. Don't give up this is supposed to be fun.
Les.