Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Sep Thu 21, 2017 4:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Metrix 310B valve tester
PostPosted: Jan Sun 15, 2017 11:04 pm 

Does anyone have a Metrix 310B or other Metrix valve tester???

I have 'acquired' one .... made in France ..... all Manuals that I have found so far are the wrong model, written in French and with blurry circuit diagrams. I have translated this Manual via Google translator, but the result is somewhat disappointing. I knew I should have been more attentive in French classes ....... but her accent was sooooo distracting ...... Smile Smile

From the Manual, this Tester seems to be a mutual conductance tester. Okay .... so on the Grid I expected to see a small AC signal riding on a negative DC bias. Nuh, only an ACvoltage which can be varied up to 50 volts, no DC bias .......and from my exploring so far, I cannot see how a negative DC bias could be applied to the Grid ....... Yet ...... the Selector switch on front panel states "Neg Grid voltage".

Either I am doing something wrong, or it's broken, or I don't properly understand how this thing is supposed to work or ??????

So before I go 'blinder' by trying to trace out all the connections, I am hoping that some-one has an English translation of the Manual, or clear circuit diagram, or can explain how it is supposed to work ..... anyone????
Cheers,
Ian