Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Mon 11, 2017 5:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: EICO 625 Tube Tester -- Best Tube Data to Use?
PostPosted: Nov Sat 11, 2017 7:13 pm 

I've accumulated the following tube data sources for my EICO 625:

1. Roll Chart 625-04
2. Supplement to 625-05 Roll Chart (Obsolete or Seldom Used Tubes)
3. Roll Chart 625-08
4. 1978 Booklet by Coletronics Service, Inc. (about 60 pages)

Which is the best (most accurate) to use? I'm seeing all kinds of discrepancies among these sources, including using different filament voltages for the same tube.

Would the 1978 booklet be the latest data available?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: EICO 625 Tube Tester -- Best Tube Data to Use?
PostPosted: Nov Sat 11, 2017 7:35 pm 

I found the roll chart on my 628 had too many errors. The tester was showing many shorted tube, that other testers 'said' were not shorted.

Have been using from this website http://www.mzentertainment.com/studio_w ... ester.html.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 11, 2017 11:06 pm 

I have an EICo 628. A few years ago, after getting frustrated by all of the different sources for test data, I compiled all the sources that I found into a single file. I corrected errors that I found, but I can't claim to have corrected all of the errors.

The compilation covers both the 625 and 628 in a single file.

If you would like a copy of it, send me a PM with an e-mail address and I'll send it to you. A listing of the source files is included on the second page.

Jeff

PostPosted: Nov Sun 12, 2017 1:24 am 

Thanks for the replies, guys. Jeff, I'll send you a PM.

PostPosted: Nov Mon 13, 2017 11:06 pm 

The E625-1/1/78 Coletronics data booklet that's been on bama-edebris for some years, imo is newer and a bit more error-free than the files at the mzentertainment site. Unfortunately, none of the "newer" data booklets contain all of the older tube types used in old radios, so sometimes the 625-03, -04, and -05 data supplement pages (usually not the roller chart, because most roller charts had deleted older tube types) can help as they contain the older tube types. For some tube types, all of the Eico/Coletronics published lists contained errors, where I've reverted to the 1956 thru 1962 Simpson model 1000 charts, found at www.simpson260.com on Page two, "Simpson 1000", with the conversion information to use Simpson chart data on Eico 625 or 628; some of the S1000 listings contain errors, but usually on different tube types. If that approach fails (using published setup data), then it's easy to use your tube data handbook (printed or web edition) and develop your own tester switch settings....the Eico (or Triplett 3413, which is essentially the same tester) manuals list a procedure to do that. As a reality check, I've learned to always double check printed tester settings against the data handbook page before turning on the tester's power switch, on any tube type I've not tested before...that can reveal most printed mistakes. Fred

PostPosted: Dec Sun 03, 2017 11:02 pm 

Fred, thanks for the reply, I must have missed it until today. That's good information. Jeff's consolidated file is great, and has made getting the tube data for the 625 much easier.