Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Jun Mon 18, 2018 6:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Eico 667 ferrite bead & socket question
PostPosted: Dec Sat 30, 2017 8:53 am 

Hello and a happy new year to you all!
I have a Eico 667 that I was monkeying around with ( serial number 2465) and as I was thinking of building some Stahlrohre adapters for it I took a look at the compactron socket and I noticed that there aren't many ferrite beads in the tester. Would it be worth the trouble to install them or just leave it be? I still need to replace the rectifier in it( if I remember correctly, its a selenium rectalfire) and do value checks on the resistors before I go too far with my European adapter quest, but I just found the lack of ferrite cores on the socket leads to be conspicuous.

My other question is where any factory eico 667 equipped with a 2 pin rectifier tube socket? there is a blue paneled one on EBay( still evil after all these years) and I noticed that the 2 pin socket was there as well as a magnoval & small bulb tester socket on it. I have never ran across any magnoval combo sockets before and I wanted to ask.
Thanks to you all and I hope your new year is a great one!!