Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Apr Wed 25, 2018 7:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Troubleshooting Seeburg M100B Line Out for External Amp
PostPosted: Apr Sat 14, 2018 4:43 pm 

Hey guys - I'm dropping in without knowing much about Jukeboxes at all. I've set up an audio system for a restaurant and would like to play he Seeburg through the house speakers.

My understanding is I should be able to take the pickup output of the player (circled in the attached photo) and use an RCA barrel to feed the signal to my preamp (which is mono summing). My preamp is not detecting any signal when I do this. I've tested the line with another audio source (iPhone / Macbook headphone out) so I know the cable and source selection is correct. The repair man we've been working with has informed me the output is 150-200 ohm. I'm suspicious there's an issue with the impedance matching here.

Hoping you guys might have some input in to the matter. Thanks!

Preamp/Switcher: DBXPro 640M
Input 6 Total (4) Switchable Mic or Line, (2) Unbalanced, Mono-Summed RCA Input Pairs
Input Impedance Euroblock: >50kΩ Balanced, >25kΩ Unbalanced, RF Filtered; RCA: >25kΩ Unbalanced, RF Filtered

Attachments:
100B-03.jpg
100B-03.jpg [ 53.36 KiB | Viewed 83 times ]

Post subject: Re: Troubleshooting Seeburg M100B Line Out for External Amp
PostPosted: Apr Mon 16, 2018 1:15 am 

The Seeburg uses a Magnetic cartridge, is your preamp is designed for Ceramic or Magnetic?

PostPosted: Apr Mon 16, 2018 5:02 pm 

Eric H knows about the circuits on this jukebox better than I do.
I would think it would be better to take the signal off after the cartridge pre-amp. Also there is a mute circuit that you would want to allow to work. Is there an AUX OUT on the Seeburg amplifier?
That 150-200 ohms seems very low, I wonder were he got that.

PostPosted: Apr Mon 16, 2018 7:15 pm 

I ended up testing with a few pieces of equipment the other day. First I tried an amplified speaker with an 1/8" input. At full volume I could barely hear anything from the jukebox. Then I ran home and grabbed my Pro-ject Phono Preamp. With the phono preamp I was successful in getting audio to my system. This preamp has a MM/MC switch that I need to test later today. I'll post some photos of the finished install when I get a chance.