Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Aug Sat 23, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: RCA 7-HF-5 Tone Arm adjustment
PostPosted: Apr Sun 07, 2013 8:19 pm 

I have this problem, the tone arm can be adjusted to drop on a 33 record just fine, but will be off by a 1/4 of an inch past the start of a 45 or 78... if I adjust for the 45 or 78, then the 33 won't play at all because it will fall short... any suggestions? I've looked underneath and can't fine any adjustments... thanks for any help!

Post subject: Re: RCA 7-HF-5 Tone Arm adjustment
PostPosted: Apr Sun 07, 2013 9:52 pm 

There is a slot in the back of the tonearm on the main spindle side that has an adjustment screw inside the slot to adjust the tonearm set down. Turning that screw counter clockwise brings the needle set down in toward the main spindle; turning it clockwise moves it out toward the tonearm rest.

Post subject: Re: RCA 7-HF-5 Tone Arm adjustment
PostPosted: Apr Mon 08, 2013 12:02 am 

Thanks, spent most of the day trying to figure this one out, I knew about the adjustment on the tone arm in the back and I was able to adjust the 33 record, but once I did that, the other two sizes would be off, so looking at closer, I found the problem under the chassis. There is a fixed 3 step cam underneath and one small lever wasn't sitting on it properly because of wear, so by bending that lever slightly, it corrected the problem, now it sits on it like it should...now all 3 land at the start of each record like it should...but thanks for helping out, it's appreciated.