Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Wed 22, 2017 9:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 1958 Voice of Music VM Model 1000 Stereo Console
PostPosted: Oct Sat 03, 2015 9:33 am 

I guess i have to setup a video cam and focus on the lids for a we hole day. The last time I checked, its still up, more than 24 hours later. Ill chrck ag as in tomorrow when I get up in ty he morning. Just to be clear, i did not use as ny tool to toghten the hinges. All finger tight. I report back tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: 1958 Voice of Music VM Model 1000 Stereo Console
PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 5:32 pm 

I've had my Model 1000 for 3 years (Black face Stereo/Fidelis) . Re capped the amps, but most importantly I rewired the push-button switches to provide 2 new stereo inputs to which I've dedicated a modern MM turntable in place of the reel to reel, and a bluetooth receiver input. (Tape unit was out and on the garage floor during a flood... RIP) Another GREAT improvement is by-passing the passive tone stack with a small DPST rocker switch in the recess below the clock/timer. This adds 18-20 dB to output, esp on the BT and new phono connections. Allows LOUD playback with volume dials at 12:00, avoiding the buzz that you may hear while pushing these units under normal situations. :D :D

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 42 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3