Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Dec Tue 12, 2017 12:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Nothing stinks more than...
PostPosted: Nov Wed 22, 2017 3:18 am 

Dropping your record just after you cleaned it only to put a nice scratch across it! I've done this more than once by waving it up and down in the air to dry off those last drops off that the vacuum didn't pull off. I end up catching it up against the table or something. I should probably just let it go! :?

Post subject: Re: Nothing stinks more than...
PostPosted: Nov Wed 22, 2017 1:50 pm 

Hi Tuner an;

I use a dish rack to dry my records. Get one with plastic tines or a rubber covered one.Works pretty well.

Dennis

PostPosted: Nov Wed 22, 2017 5:54 pm 

I, honestly, dry them the best I can with paper towel, and just play them. The record spinning in the open air tends to dry them pretty quick. Disclaimer: nothing in my collection is too valuable, I'm usually just trying to get rid of some of the dust.

PostPosted: Nov Sat 25, 2017 11:15 pm 

Quote:
I use a dish rack to dry my records.
I've considered that but I'm too impatient when it comes to playing the first record of the session. I just want to clean and play, then clean the next while listening to the first so that one gets time to dry. I use an Okki Nokki which does a fantastic job cleaning but does tend to leave some moisture on the outside edge when vacuuming . I think it's due to the outer edge not being flat.

Quote:
I, honestly, dry them the best I can with paper towel, and just play them. The record spinning in the open air tends to dry them pretty quick. Disclaimer: nothing in my collection is too valuable, I'm usually just trying to get rid of some of the dust.
I would think the paper towel would leave its own dust, no? I use a cheap microfiber towel when I find it necessary to wipe. That's usually when I get fluid past the point of where the vacuum tube reaches.

PostPosted: Nov Sun 26, 2017 1:17 am 

tunerman wrote:
That's usually when I get fluid past the point of where the vacuum tube reaches.

Funny, I've never seen a vacuum tube 'reach', tho some just don't measure up... :wink:

Just kidding!

DG