Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Sun 23, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone have info on Vu-Data PS941B oscilloscope?
PostPosted: Apr Sun 17, 2011 7:20 pm 

I just picked up a Vu-Data PS941B portable oscilloscope that won't power on. I haven't been able to locate a schematic or any service info and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find some help on this unit?

Thanks,

Brian

Post subject: Re: Anyone have info on Vu-Data PS941B oscilloscope?
PostPosted: Jul Tue 12, 2011 10:28 pm 

Have you had an luck. I also have the same model, but have not probes and any other attachments. Also one trace is kind of funky.

Jerry

PostPosted: Jul Fri 15, 2011 4:56 pm 

does it have another mfg's name on it

PostPosted: Jul Fri 15, 2011 5:49 pm 

The company is long gone, it was based out of San Diego, CA. E-Bay seems to be littered with old Vu-Data scopes. Unfortunately servicing a malfunctioning scope can be a futile effort without service data. The company falls in to the same category as Systron Donner- lots of junk to be had, but little of the paperwork that went with it.

Looks like they might have been a victim of the tax man knocking on the door. Some info I found:

"Vu-Data Corporation was a corporation registered in the state of California.

It was a domestic corporation, meaning it was formed, as well as registered, in California. Its articles of incorporation were filed on October 14, 1969.

All of Vu-Data Corporation's powers, rights and privileges in the State of California have been suspended. This could have happened because they failed to file a return and/or pay taxes to the California Franchise Tax Board, or because they failed to make certain informational filings with the California Secretary of State. The specific reason for this suspension can be found by ordering a status report from the Secretary of State."

Hopefully some one will show up with manuals they can scan.

-Mark-

PostPosted: Jul Fri 15, 2011 8:01 pm 

To bad. I was hoping that it was a japanese company in disguise. I guess that this company was before that started happening

PostPosted: Jul Sat 16, 2011 7:21 pm 

San Diego was the hub of some of the earliest American Made digital Multi-meters and portable scope manufactuers (using Nixies Tubes and later LEDs) in the late '50s through the '70s. NLS and Vu-Data come to mind. I think they are all long gone. But the equipment lives on. Who knows, digging may eventually turn up a cache of service data or manuals? I have a single channel vu-data scope that I purchased years ago without documentation and I think it still works good. They seemed to be quite well built.

JP