Forums :: Resources :: Features :: Photo Gallery :: Vintage Radio Shows :: Archives :: Books
Support This Site: Contributors :: Advertise

It is currently Nov Tue 21, 2017 7:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Scam
PostPosted: Jan Sat 07, 2017 7:48 pm 

Shame on you, Amazon, for not instantly removing this item and blocking the seller as soon as it was reported to you (which I hope the first customer did).

PostPosted: Jan Sat 07, 2017 9:08 pm 

Mike Toon wrote:
Sold by Friendly Bros and fulfilled by Amazon.

I thought they were sold by the trusty 'ole electronics firm of "Dewey Cheetem and Howe"

PostPosted: Jan Sun 08, 2017 7:12 am 

Mark D wrote:
wrnewton wrote:
They marketed them to the wrong crowd. The Audio-Phools would buy them up if they were advertised to expand the sound stage or something, and if priced four times as much.

Gives me a great idea!
I'm going to order about 10,000 of those things from the manufacturer, probably in China - and that entity can be found - and I will sell them on Amazon to audiophools at around $94.50 SALE PRICE! . Buy them now before the price goes back up.
Mine will have little antenna like structures sticking out of them and red and green LED's that alternate to tell the audiophool when the audio is in sync or out of sync with the acoustic resonance. I guess it's up to them to determine what the acoustic resonance is.

Mark D.

Its gotta have a couple of tubes in it also! The LEDs could be underneath to make them light up in different colors. :lol:

PostPosted: Jan Sun 08, 2017 7:30 am 

Quote:
They marketed them to the wrong crowd. The Audio-Phools would buy them up if they were advertised to expand the sound stage or something, and if priced four times as much.

Audio-phools require something much more complex and expensive. In order to eliminate EMF from the environment to get absolutely the best sound, you have to get the deluxe cable cooker to break-in those cables:

http://www.audioexcellenceaz.com/produc ... nditioner/

hmmm....I wonder if this thing could break loose those stubborn negative copper ions in my long wire antenna to improve shortwave reception....

PostPosted: Jan Sun 08, 2017 6:38 pm 

The plug has one very important health benefit, it relieves the strain you might otherwise encounter by carrying the weight of excess money in your wallet. (I'm surprised the AMA hasn't picked up on this yet and endorsed it!)

PostPosted: Jan Mon 09, 2017 10:56 am 

Apparently I should be charging more for my tin foil hats. And tin foil body suits.

PostPosted: Jan Mon 09, 2017 1:07 pm 

rickajho wrote:
Apparently I should be charging more for my tin foil hats. And tin foil body suits.

Maybe you should purchase a few of these.

Attachments:
EMF_cap.JPG
EMF_cap.JPG [ 50.25 KiB | Viewed 740 times ]

PostPosted: Jan Mon 09, 2017 1:14 pm 

Since I work around low level RF all day long I dressed in my new EMF full body attire. I feel some leakage though around the neck area.

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before" -D. Eisenhower

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 7:19 am 

"I bought the brain shielding cap....and I wanted to say THANK YOU FOR HAVING THIS PRODUCT. It helped stop the feelings I had from some device that was being used on me. I couldn't believe that the day I put on the cap the feeling and signal was blocked and it instantly felt myself again. I also bought the RF shielding poncho and few others products... I'm in awe on how these things are actually a cure to my suffering."

Gotta love it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 8:09 am 

Number 6 wrote:
"I bought the brain shielding cap....and I wanted to say THANK YOU FOR HAVING THIS PRODUCT. It helped stop the feelings I had from some device that was being used on me. I couldn't believe that the day I put on the cap the feeling and signal was blocked and it instantly felt myself again. I also bought the RF shielding poncho and few others products... I'm in awe on how these things are actually a cure to my suffering."

Gotta love it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm, I think you're ripe...Err, I mean savvy enough to appreciate a deal on a bridge I happen to have available... :wink:

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 8:20 am 

The wife's never going for a tacky tin foil hat, or common baseball cap. You need to get her something a little more stylish:

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 3:43 pm 

Just to see if I get a response I forwarded that plug link in an email to jeff@amazon.com.
I read that some people have actually received a response from Jeff Bezos on occasion.

Might be interesting.

Larry

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 9:54 pm 

"A fool and his money are soon parted." Caveat emptor, always :)

PostPosted: Jan Wed 11, 2017 10:06 pm 

And thanks be that fools are rapidly parted from their cash.

My feelings on this are - we need some of that chlorine to keep the gene pool fresh.

The more folks there are that jump at the hook, the less time the scammers spend
trying to get the rest of us. I've half a mind to go into the snake oil business
myself. It's one thing to work for a living, better if you can get them to line up to
just *give* you money.

PostPosted: Jan Thu 12, 2017 12:50 am 

jim rozen wrote:
My feelings on this are - we need some of that chlorine to keep the gene pool fresh.

Gene Police! Get outta the pool!!

jim rozen wrote:
I've half a mind to go into the snake oil business myself.

Yeah, I sometimes think I could do that. But I never do.

Post New Topic Post Reply  [ 35 posts ]  Moderator: Alan Voorhees Go to page Previous  1, 2